Saturday, July 4, 2020

God Bless America!!! Happy 4th of July!!


Good morning friends! Today is the USA's Birthday! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! Because I consider myself a devoted Patriot, I'd like to get serious for just a moment if you please. This morning, I posted to my personal page regarding Independence Day. I'd like to share that post with you here.   Currently, our great nation is in a state of devastation and disarray.  And to people on the outside looking in, you may be thinking "Bloody Americans! Always fighting".  You wouldn't necessarily be wrong. Sadly.  But that's not what America is about. Down in the very core of our country, is the heart of peace, love and freedom. And even though I am gutted by the situations happening our our nation right now, at the very heart of it is still FREEDOM. And because I LOVE HER so much, I will never stop looking for the GOOD in her. With that, here is my post:

This year, it's especially important for us to take a step back and remember why America has always been the place that immigrants fled to. It's important to remember what she STANDS FOR. It's important to understand why so many men and women would die for her. And, It's important to know what it is that brought Americans together in the first place.
I have served my country. I continue to serve my country in every way I can. To see her in such turmoil makes my heart cry. Yet, even in these crazy chaotic times, her magnificence shows. For she is the reason that people have the ability to speak their minds so freely. She is the reason they're not fearful of being killed for their religious beliefs. She is the reason her children have the ability to pursue any career they choose.
SHE IS THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME (AND HOPE) OF THE BRAVE!!
God Bless America!!! Land That I Love!! Stand Beside Her, And Guide Her, Through The Night With The Light From Above.

If there was ever ONE SONG to summarize how I feel about my UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, this will always be it.  It STILL gives me goosebumps and brings a lump to my throat.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

Now, if you've stuck with me thus far, I'm even going to share a cute patriotic card with you too! hehe.  Thank you all so much for offering me grace and continuing to read on. :-) I love y'all so much!
From the moment of their initial release during the holidays last year, All I could see were the stars and stripes from the Stitched Stars Dies. 
This morning I bring you my tribute to my home. 

Land of the FREE, because of the BRAVE: 


No matter where I am, when I see the Red, White, and Blue, I think of USA.  I think of all the things she stands for.  Freedom, Happiness, Love, and the "Stars and Stripes" of our flag. 

The Stitched Stars Dies are perfect for my celebrate card!  But you'll never guess where that sentiment comes from! :-D

I snuck it from the Celebrating Sunflowers stamp set! The stamp actually says "Let's Celebrate You". By using Stampin' Write markers to color the specific words on the stamp,  I can not only omit the word I don't need, but I can also make it two tone! YAY!


Now it makes the sentiment perfect for what I want!


Most of you know I like to borrow from the "prime real estate" behind the layers. This is what I had when I cut some of the stars out.  I thought it looked neat so I laid the sentiment strip on it. YAY! It looks great! So here's an alternative to my project! hehe


Then I went another step farther and brought in some Gold Foil and die cut that beautiful Stars cluster piece.  Added to a note card using the same technique, wowza!


Using the negative space for a focal point is pretty fantastic! I love this technique!



Well, friends, that's all I have for today! It's time to get ready to CELEBRATE my country's Independence Day!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's projects, you can simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment