Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Thank you BERRY much!

Hello friends! Today's post is all about "THANKS".  Now, more than ever, I feel like it's important to THANK people for any kindness they show.  Positive reinforcement if you will.

Not only am I sending "THANK YOU" cards out to my customers for ordering and helping me keep my business going, but I am also sending/handing out "THANK YOU" cards to people who are in the service industries who still have to work (ie: Postal, UPS, Grocery, etc). I'm also sending out "THANK YOU" cards to people I know of who are doing nice things for others. :-)   It is just SUPER IMPORTANT to spread the love and kindness wherever we (safely) can.

So, today, I'm sharing a fun and super sweet "THANK YOU" card that's going out to a few people in this morning's mail!


The Witty-cisms Stamp Set in the 2020 Spring Mini Catalog is just as cute as it can be! And when I saw the adorable little strawberry, I knew I would get a lot of use out of it! :-D ADORABLE!

Real Red and Whisper White Cardstocks do all the work and make this card so pretty!

Here's what you'll need:

* 4 1/4" x 11" Real Red Cardstock (scored at 5 1/2" on the long side)
* 2 pieces of 5 1/4" x 4" Whisper White Cardstock for the front and inside panels
* A scrap of Real Red for the Scalloped Square layer
* A scrap of Whisper White for the sentiment square
* A length of Red Ribbon to tie around the front panel of the card
* Witty-cisms Stamp Set
* Layering Squares Dies
* Die Cut Machine
* Stampin' Dimensionals
* Snail Adhesive
* Tuxedo Black Ink
* Stampin' Blends: Real Red Combo, Old Olive Combo, Light Basic Black
* Clear Rhinestone Jewels
* Washi Tape (for masking)

To create the image of just the strawberry without the words, I masked off the parts of the stamp that I didn't want in my stamped image.  This is easy to do with some washi tape. 

JUST REMEMBER TO PEEL OFF THE WASHI BEFORE YOU STAMP THE IMAGE ONTO YOUR PAPER!!!

For however many times you want just one portion of the stamped image, you'll have to reapply the washi, ink up the stamp, peel the washi, stamp the stamp.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  The good news is that you can re-use the washi a few times before you need to replace it with a fresh piece. :-)


As  you can see here. I wanted to just stamp the Strawberry on the inside of the card. Remember: "No naked insides and no naked envelopes"!

I decided NOT to mask the envelopes because A) it was quicker and B) I wanted everyone between me and the recipient to see an affirmation of thanks!


I typically don't measure my ribbon, but if you just tie it around the White layer and then trim it, you won't waste any. :-)

I colored all of the strawberries before I assembled the cards.  And, it's a good idea to insert a piece of copy paper into your envelope before you color that one, just in case you're heavy handed and the color bleeds through.  The others won't matter because they're layered. :-)

I used dimensionals to pop up the square layers, and then finished off the card with a couple little rhinestones.

The cards are simple and easy, but super cute and full of gratitude!


I hope you will join me in sending cards out as much as you can in these unfortunate days.  We need hope and encouragement! We need love and support! We need some form of REAL interaction! :-)  Send a card just to say hello.  See spirits rise and feel the joy inside!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic
#Sharethesunshine

If you'd like to purchase any of the supplies I used today, you can simply click an image to be taken directly to my website to purchase.  Enjoy!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment