Monday, December 10, 2018

My FAVORITE Suite in the 2018 Holiday Catalog!

Well Good Morning everyone!! Happy Monday! hehehe. Here in East Tennessee, winter is setting in. As I'm sitting here chatting with you, the sun has come up and is starting to warm the earth. The trees and ground have been lightly dusted with snow and the ice crystals are glistening in the sunlight. It's a beautiful winter day!


Snow always reminds me of my childhood. How I loved to run and play in it with my brothers and sisters! We built forts, made snow angels, and yes! had snowball fights! ha! Another wonderful thing about the snow coming, was that Christmas was on it's way! Yes, of course, I loved getting presents. DUH! What kid doesn't?

 But what I REALLY loved was the Christmas specials on TV!! All those fabulous holiday cartoons and movies came on and played every night for families to enjoy together. It's such a shame they don't do that anymore. :-( We do, from dvd though! Some of my best childhood memories were of my family sitting in the living room together, watching Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Mom would always make cook n serve pudding in mugs for us to eat while we sat in wonder. It was our most special treat and it only happened during Christmas time.

 So, you can imagine how excited I was when I saw the "Santa's Workshop" suite in Stampin' Up's Holiday Catalog!! I mean, this entire suite was pulled right out of my childhood!!! From the flocked candy cane paper, to the cotton drawstring bags, to the absolutely ADORABLE "Signs of Santa" stamp & die bundle!! I mean, what's not to love?! Santa and Mrs Claus and those cute little elves oh my!! It's even got the north pole!


Do you see that bag?!  OH MY GOSH!!! It's adorbs!! And you can do so many things with it! It's literally a blank canvas! :-) They're 4"x5" which is a perfect size to add all sorts of yummy treats or little trinkets. You can stamp and emboss directly on them too! SO FUN!!



And, how about that paper?  Oh My! I am totally and completely IN LOVE with this paper!! I admit, I have a few packages of it.... just for ME! haha!

This suite also includes some fabulous textured weave ribbon in "Poppy Parade", as well as gorgeous red rhinestones and some fabulous green & white striped baker's twine.  They all compliment this suite perfectly!

What's absolutely fabulous is that the stamps & dies coordinate BEAUTIFULLY with that paper too! Check it out!


I made a video to show how to use our Stampin' Blends to color Santa (and the rest of the cast) to make them look like the images on the paper.  So once the paper runs out, you can still have all your favorite characters whenever you want! How great is that?!



I hope you love this suite as much as I do!  Of course it's not too late to get it, if you don't have it yet!

Well, I suppose now I should really show you some projects that i've made with this absolutely adorable suite.  If you're like me, you've probably been looking for them all along! I always want to see what people make with this stuff!

Who am I to disappoint?!  Here ya go!

 

 

This bag was made using the "BAG FROM A CARD" technique that I showed you the other day.  I have a video in that blog post as well as on my Youtube channel, showing how to create the bag from a standard A2 size card.  It's a lot of fun! You should definitely make one! If you decide to make one, head over to the Stampin' Chic Facebook group and post a photo there for us to see! I'd love to see how you design yours! :-)


Thank you so much for spending some of your day here with me today! I just love getting visitors!  Until next time.

Happy Crafting!





Love this project? Here is your shopping list so you can re-create this idea on your own.... Just click on the images below to add them to your cart.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment