Sunday, December 23, 2018

December 2018 Paper Pumpkin Alternatives!

Well hello there! We are T-minus 2 days and counting til Christmas.  Are you excited?  I THINK I have everything done, but won't fully know (of course) until Christmas morning when I realize that I forgot to do some thing that I thought was crucial.  Am I the only one this happens to? lol.  Ah well, in the meantime, I've been working on alternative projects for our fabulous December Paper Pumpkin kit. 


As it is, the kit is great!  I LOVE the adorable calendar project!  But, I really enjoy figuring out alternative projects as well.  I want to show you how you can get the absolute MOST out of your kit!  

One thing I noticed is that the stamp set is made up almost entirely of seemingly random geometric shapes.  At first, I was worried that I might not be able to come up with things.  This is really outside of my element. 


As you can see, they're "different" to say the least! lol.  But, once I started playing with the stamps, I realized something wonderful!  The more random you can get with the placement, the more fabulous the stamped image looks!  What a crazy concept!   They're also perfect for making background papers.  You can see that in the samples here: 









All of the cards have pretty simple designs that can easily be replicated. But notice that all of them are completely different too!  The stamps are AWESOME!!  I had so much fun coming up with different patterns too! It really was all about just trying something fun and new!

But then, I also wanted to make a couple of different 3D type projects as well......  


 
I have come to love making these little gift bags!  They come from a Standard A2 size card!  They're simple and easy to do and, as you can see, you can customize them to any occasion. :-) 

(SEE THE NOVEMBER PAPER PUMPKIN POST to find a video on how to make them)

This time, a little gift bag really wasn't enough.  I wanted to do a box too!  With the other half sheet of Pool Party Cardstock, I was able to make the outside of this fabulous coordinating Matchbox gift box! 



SO CUTE! You can see that I really had a great time using these unique stamps to create fantastic new backgrounds! 

I hope this inspires you to get creative with your December kit, if you have it.  And, if you aren't a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber yet, YOU SHOULD BE!!!  An awesome little box of fun delivered right to your door each month, what's not to love?!   You can find details and sign up here.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and, as always,

Happy Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment