Thursday, December 20, 2018

December Paper Pumpkin

Hello friends! It's a good thing you weren't counting on a post every single day, eh?  I'm sorry about that.  As it's getting closer to the holidays, my level of crazy and busy (and CRAZY BUSY) jumps up to a decibel that would make Santa himself cringe. hehe. Why do we do that to ourselves? Over-commit, over-extend, and wear ourselves out for what exactly?  Well, because we love our friends and family that's what for.  We've had Hannah's Christmas concert, a pageant, a couple parties, my annual HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS COOKIE CLUB (which does a big cookie exchange each year), and the madness isn't over yet! Even my "MAKE IT MONDAY" video wasn't done and uploaded to Youtube until TUESDAY.  OOPS! Of course, you all understand because we're all dog paddling this same creek together aren't we? LOL!!  Anyway, I apologize for being MIA the last few days. I think the biggest share of it is behind us now.  Hello Christmas Day!  Only 6 days away! WOWZA!!! Where did this year go? 

Speaking of losing track of the year, Stampin' Up did a FABULOUS thing for us to wrap up this year and ring in the new one!  You remember me talking about Paper Pumpkin not too long ago? Well, It's Paper Pumpkin time this month. AND, the kit is just as cute as it can be!  It's an 18 month Calendar! Just what we need to kick of the new year, huh?


At first, I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't sure about all those little funny shaped stamps. 


I mean, LOOK at em! lol.  What are they?  Well, I didn't know.  But I remembered the words "geometric" and "contemporary" being used to describe this kit.  So, with that I got to work stamping on the little strips of adhesive cardstock.  Turns out, it's not so hard to make fun and fabulous backgrounds (and make them all different too).  





This was definitely a theme that was outside my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed putting the calendar together!  Now, I've just got to come up with (oh) six or seven alternative projects for my Paper Pumpkin Groupies! lol.  Stay tuned for that post! ;-)

Until next time,

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment