Monday, December 10, 2018

Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights!


Hello, Hello everyone!!  I hope this finds you having a fabulous day! :-) Today is an exciting day because i'm participating in an "INTERNATIONAL HIGHLIGHT" hosted by Kylie Bertucci.  Our theme is "Gratitude and Thankfulness".  It's perfectly fitting as we wrap up 2018, don't you think?

My entry for the highlight, is one that was inspired by another love of mine.  Ya know, you've probably heard a million times "Take inspiration for your work, from the things around you." or "Inspiration is everywhere".  And, they're not wrong!

As I said, today's card was inspired by another love of mine.  You may not know this, but I am an avid crocheter!  My mother taught me when I was just a few years old and I have been doing it ever since.  I find great joy and relaxation in picking up a hook and yarn.  And, I've made many projects that I cherish! 

Well yesterday, Hannah came to me and asked for a net to put her stuffed animals in. Mind you, she would need a net spanning the entirety of her room to hold all of them! I think she has a problem. lol.  Anyway, as I got to work crocheting a net for her, I caught a glimpse of inspiration!


In this photo, I see Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, and Gold Foil.  Do you see it? Beautiful combination too! I love it!

So I took a photo, because these days I forget things..... OFTEN! lol. Once I finished the net, I headed to my craft room intent on making good use of this inspiration. 




When I have a "multicolored stamp" such as this floral one, I really enjoy using my blender pens (NOT Stampin' Blends) to apply the color.  This allows me to put each color exactly where I want it, and stamp a full color image all at once. It saves so much time and looks fantastic too!


From here, it's just a matter of cutting cardstock, stamping a background using versamark ink (another of my favorite go-to techniques), and layering the card together!


I love the way the card turned out and I feel good knowing that I took inspiration from something I saw, and applied it to my paper crafting!  

What do you think?  Did I nail it? 

 

One last thing before you go!!  Please vote for my card on Kylie's highlights page. It would mean so much to me!! :-)

https://www.craftykylie.com/2018/12/international-highlights-december-2018.html




Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you take inspiration from things around you as well!

Until next time,

Happy Crafting!



Love this project? Here is your shopping list so you can re-create this idea on your own.... Just click on the images below to add them to your cart.

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Love how you get your inspirations Dana! The floral stamp is gorgeous. Thanks for being part of our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate you for allowing me. :-) Thanks! Yes, I love it too! And, I really like the lace background. :-) Stampin' Up! does great work!

      Delete