Monday, October 3, 2022

Day 1 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats 2022



Good evening everyone!!! Can  you believe it's already October??  That means it's FINALLY time for the 13 Days of Halloween Treats Series, version 2022!!! WOOT WOOT!!! 


This is absolutely my favorite time of the year because I get to make a bunch of really cute Halloween treat holders!! 

Today's treat holder is also a sneak peek at one of the pillow gifts for my downline at our recent Team Retreat.  They turned out so cute. I was really happy with them. 


You can see from the picture below, that this cracker box is a bit longer than the standard Cracker Box die. I made it a bit longer because the gift wasn't quite short enough to fit.  So I extended the box just a little.  It's pretty simple to do.  I'll share that with you here in a bit. :-) 


I used Parakeet Party Cardstock for the base.  For this length of cracker box, my cardstock piece started out at 8 1/2" x 5".  I love this because it means I could get TWO per sheet of Cardstock! 

Now, to make the box as long as you want, simply cut your paper at 5" wide by however long you want.  Then run half of it through the die cut machine, leaving the other end uncut.  Next, align the die with the other end of the paper and do the same thing.  Now is where it gets slightly tricky. You're going to use a scoreboard or the Stampin' Up trimmer to connect the score lines down the body of the box.  Once you do that, you can assemble it just the same as the original size. :-)  Pretty smart huh? 

I cut the green patterned Designer Series Paper (from the Celebrate Everything 12x12" HOST DSP pack) at 5" x 5/8". You'll need 5 of them. 

The Label and elements are from the Scary Silhouettes dies and the sentiment is from the coordinating stamp set.  

Once I cut the label from Basic Black Cardstock, I used the GORGEOUS Halloween Glimmer Washi Tape to create the background.  I popped the house and bat up on mini Black Dimensionals, and then tucked the sentiment piece behind the edge of the house. 

To finish it off, I tied some of the Black & White Gingham Ribbon around each end. 


If you're new to my 13 Days of Halloween Treats, welcome!! Be sure to come back every day for a new treat holder as well as an instructional video tutorial! You won't want to miss any of them!  

You can see past 13 Days of Halloween Treats Videos on my Youtube channel.  


I'll come back and post each day's video after it's gone live on Youtube.  check back and see! 

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment