Monday, August 9, 2021

Measure of Love Make-It Monday

Hello my crafty friends! How are you this fine Monday morning?  It's a beautiful day here in East TN, at least so far. :-D  The heat hasn't set in, so it's nice and comfy outside!

This week's Make-It Monday features the sweet and fabulous Measure of Love stamp set.  I'm so excited to share this project with you because it uses one of my all time FAVORITE color combinations: Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana, and Basic White! Let's get started!


Isn't it sweet?  This card is all about friendship! 

Here's what you'll need: 

4 1/4" x 11" Poppy Parade card base (scored at 5 1/2")
(2) 4" x 5 1/4" Basic White for front and inside panels
3 1/4" x 4 1/2" Coastal Cabana (die cut with Scalloped Contour Dies)
2 1/2" x 3 7/8" Basic White for stamped layer
1 1/2" x 3/4" Basic White for sentiment piece

I used the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing folder for the background. I LOVE that look! The Scalloped Contours Dies gave my card a sweet bakery feel, creating the Coastal Cabana scalloped layer. 

A little stamping, a little Stampin' Blends coloring and you have the scale with the cupcakes! The scale was stamped in Memento Black and then colored with a light Smoky Slate Stampin' Blend. The cupcakes were stamped in Early Espresso, then the base was filled in with Early Espresso and the icing was done with Flirty Flamingo. 

The "Sweet Friend" sentiment was also stamped in Memento Black ink. 

I tied a length of White Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon into a knot, around the white brick layer, before I attached it to the card base.  

The Coastal Cabana scalloped layer was attached with dimensionals, as was the "Sweet Friend" sentiment piece. 


For the inside panel, I stamped "Our friendship tips the scale" in Memento Black and then stamped a cute little cupcake in the same colors as the front.  I also added those adorable little cupcakes to my envelope!  Remember: "NO naked insides, and NO naked envelopes"!


I hope you enjoyed today's card project! I'll be going LIVE on THE STAMPIN' CHIC DANA SULLIVAN Facebook Page at 7pm EDT this evening to create this card. I'd love for you to join me and see how it's put together. 

Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment