Monday, January 7, 2019

A Gilded Rose

Good morning my friends! It's another glorious day in East Tennessee!



Today's post is part of Kylie's JANUARY International Highlights Blog Hop.  I'm really enjoying being in the hop.  I've found some incredibly talented crafters because of it! I'm sure you have too!  I hope you'll make sure to visit everyone.  Don't forget to vote on your favorites! I hope that includes me. ;-)




To vote, click on this icon. 
Once you get to Kylie's page, look for the little heart in the top corner of each photo



I am absolutely IN LOVE with Stampin' Up!'s Foil papers, and the Gold is my favorite! So, naturally, I had to use it on this project.  I used a few different sets to create this card, but I couldn't help it. They were meant to be!






I used the Abstract Impressions set for the sentiment.  But you may not know that it has a die set that coordinates with it.  That GORGEOUS gilded rose piece is one of the dies.  It is absolutely stunning and makes easy work of cardmaking!  I also used the sheet music background stamp.  I love the subtle way it enhances the card.  OOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!  Couldn't this be a fantastic "PHANTOM OF THE OPERA" card?!!! OOOOH MY!!!!!  YES!!!!!  :-D

*ehem* back on track! lol.  Do you ever have those "SQUIRREL!!!!" moments? Oye!



The other set I used was the First Frost bundle.  This one is in our 2018 Holiday Catalog, but THANKFULLY it's going to be carrying over into the 2019 Annual Catalog! YAYAYA!!!  It's gorgeous and the dies are to die for!! HAHAHAHAHA  Uh-HYUCK!  Anyways, sheesh I kill me! BUAHAHAHA! ok ok ok. I stop.  lol

As I was saying, I used the framelits you see to the right of the stamp set.  I have used them many times for sentiment pieces on cards. They're PERFECT for it!  I mean, they layer beautifully and make the words stand out.  Don't you think?


You can see the sheet music background really well here.  I used versamark for the ink. I just love that look!  If you don't have versamark in your stamp room, you need it! Truly!

I wanna share a little trick with you.  When I layer papers like I did with the sentiment, I try to cash in on as much of that valuable real estate as I can.  Once the top layer is put on, you lose out on all the paper behind it right?  Well, not if you cut it out too!!


As you can see here, I used the framelits to cut the gold and the white, but then I also took one of the layering square shapes and cut out the middle of the gold foil.  There's no reason to waste that paper and I now have a gold "stamp" that I can use on something else later!

And LOOK!  You would never know I had done that, if I hadn't shown you. :-)


Isn't that a handy trick?  Of course, you can use this tip anytime you're layering layers on layers. I do it all the time!  And I have a little stash of all those pieces that I've cut out, ready to use on something else.  Now, that's really getting more bang for your buck!!

I hope you've enjoyed today's post.  I absolutely fell in love with this card! It's classy and elegant, but still simple and easy to replicate.  Feel free, by the way! :-)



And as always, 
Happy Crafting! 

If you'd like to purchase the supplies used to create this card, all you need do is click on the photos here.  They'll take you directly to my webstore!  Enjoy!!

Product List

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card Dana! What awesome colours you have used. Thank you for your support of my International Highlights. Look forward to seeing you take part in my highlights again next month. xx

    ReplyDelete