Thursday, January 24, 2019

Follow Your Dreams!

Hello my friends! How are you this fine January day? I hope all is well.

Today's project is for dreamers!  We should all dare to dream now and then.  I love how elegant this card looks from the Copper Foil, but still has the casual aire to it.  Follow your dreams, it says! And follow you should.


One thing I truly love about this card is that the dies paired with the copper foil is quite breathtaking!  I appreciate all the fine details in them.  While I was creating the card and trying to decide what would go on it, I played with the dies and papers a bit.  I came up with some fabulous pieces, but ultimately decided to stick with just the simplicity of the copper ones.  I'll use the other pieces another time. They'll not go to waste.


I can't wait to use that copper embossed mandala for something! And my goodness! those feathers are fabulous!!! This set is gorgeous, actually.  There are a great many ways to use it and dreamcatchers/mandalas are "SO IN" right now aren't they?  That makes this the perfect bundle to have on hand!  It would make fabulous encouragement cards or OOOOOOH!!! Graduation cards!! That's coming up before long, you know!

Ok, so as you see in the photos, I cut out the one dream catcher and I put it on with dimensionals. Now this was a bit tricky because I had to cut tiny little pieces of dimensional to place around the die cut. It's got some pretty fine lines. But it was totally worth the time taken. It looks great! 

Then, I cut the strip of copper foil that you see going across the card. I believe it's 2" x 4 1/4".  I took the INSIDE part of the mandala and cut it out of the strip first. This will leave the strip relatively in tact, but it leaves the inner lines of the mandala.

The next thing was to use the inside AND the outer ring of the mandala and cut a piece of copper paper to make a whole other mandala.  Once I had that done, I layered the cut piece on top of the lines on the strip and turned it just slightly off key so the lines were staggered. That gave it a fuller look. :-) I just glued it directly to the other piece.

Last thing to do is stamp the sentiment. I did it in black because I wanted it to be nice and bold. It worked!

There you have it my friends! I hope you enjoyed today's project! Thank you so much for stopping by today!

And as always,
Happy Crafting!

If you would like to get your hands on the products I used today, just click on any of the icons to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment