Tuesday, January 29, 2019

No Glue Ghiradelli Treat Box

Hello and Good Afternoon my friends!! Thank you so much for stopping by today! I have a fabulous and fun little project for you today. I think you're going to love it!


This adorable little box requires no adhesive to keep it closed AND it is big enough to hold THREE Ghiradelli squares!! That's AWESOME!!!


The best part about it, is that it's easy to make too! Here we go.

You'll need:
1 - 5&1/4" x 8&1/4" piece of cardstock for the base
2 - 2" x 2" pieces of cardstock or DSP for front and back
2 - 1/2" x 2" pieces of same cardstock or DSP for sides
additional scraps of paper to embellish your box

I chose to make my own DSP (Designer Series Paper) from a 5" x 2" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock, and then cut it to the measurements above.


You'll also need your scoreboard and the 1/2" circle punch to make the notches in the back.

To make the box base, you will score the cardstock as follows.

On the LONG SIDE:
2 1/4", 3", 5 1/4", 6

On the SHORT SIDE:
3/4", 1 1/2", 3 3/4", 4 1/2"

Your base should look like this:


Now you're going to do some cutting.

 

I rounded the 4 corners of the "wider end" because those will be your flaps and I wanted them to be neat and tidy. Plus, they'll tuck in better if they're rounded.


Ok, now you'll want to "notch" out either side of that one square. This is ultimately where the flaps will tuck in and you want to be able to get ahold of them and get the tabs out.

Burnish all the score lines you have left and start folding your box.  It's going to come full circle on itself, when you go about closing it up.


You're ready to adhere your layers to the box.  It should look something like this:


Your box is ready to be decorated!  I used the Needle and Thread bundle to make the beautiful flowers on the front of my box.  Aren't they just the cutest? 



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you enjoyed this project and will look forward to the next one soon!  If you have any questions, please let me know.  If you make this treat box and you love it, I'd like to hear that too! Let me know what you think about this project, either way! :-)

Enjoy the rest of your day and as always,
Happy Crafting!

If you liked the products you see here and you'd like to order your own, you can click on any of the icons below and be taken directly to my web store.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment