Friday, January 18, 2019

Candy Bar Treat Wrapper.... Just Because!

Hello Hello!! Today's post is a fun little treat that you can make in a jiffy and give out to everyone you meet!  I used the Needlepoint Nook Suite for this project.


Isn't it adorable?!  I really like the entire Needlepoint Nook Suite. The stitching lines and detail is incredible!

I think it's pretty ingenious of Stampin' Up! to make the stitched framelit to match the Label Me Pretty Punch!  SO COOL! And it looks great together too!



Look at the detail in this flower!  You can actually see embroidery stitches in the little greenery stems! SO PRETTY!!  This is definitely one of those sets where you can layer and layer and it looks really nice!

As much as I love how the cut pieces all look together, I thought the center of the flower could use a little bling.... 


The Gold Faceted Gems did the trick perfectly!


The body of the wrapper measures 6" x 5 1/2".  You'll want to score it on the shorter side at 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 3 3/4",  and 4".  You can see in the photo above that I put a strip of Tear & Tape down one edge. 

Then the belly band is cut from the suite's DSP at 2" x 5 1/2". I didn't really bother to score it. The band wraps easily so there's no need.


I wrapped the base cardstock around the candy bar and secured the tape to the underside of the other flap.  The next thing you'll want to do is hold one end closed and punch a hole in the center (as you see here).  This is going to come in handy in a minute!


I cut a length of ribbon at 16" and looped it over the candy bar, like you see here.  Then, you'll want to slide that candy bar (with the ribbon still on it) into the wrapper, making sure that the ribbon tails are out the same end that has the hole punched.  You'll want to string one tail through the front hole and the other through the back hole.  I wanted this package to look really cute, so instead of tying the ribbon into a knot (which you certainly could do), I tied a 10" piece of Old Olive Linen Thread around the ribbon and made a bow. I also punched a hole in that adorable tag we made and strung it onto the thread before I tied it.  Now it's tied and SO CUTE!


We're almost done!!  Put a strip of Tear & Tape down one short side of the belly band and wrap it around the wrapper.  Use dimensionals to attach the Flower piece to the front and we're done! 

I really like this project.  It's super quick, super easy and SUPER CUTE!!!  It's still so amazing to me how such a small gesture really can make such a HUGE impact!  So, I hope you'll make not just one, but a bunch of these and give them out to friends and family, neighbors and strangers! Oh gosh! Wouldn't that put a smile on someone's face?!


I hope that you've enjoyed today's treat! I've really enjoyed sharing it with you.  Thank you so very much for stopping by!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

If you like the products you saw used today (and I know you do! They're incredible!), just click on the icons to be taken directly to my website where you can get your own.  This is easily one of my favorite suites! 


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment