Thursday, January 17, 2019

Bloom By Bloom Card

Hi, Hello Friends!  I hope today finds you fabulous!  It's a bit cold, wet and dreary today in East TN.  Winter is definitely here.   That's why I thought today's post should be warm and bright! And, nothing says warm and bright light big, bold, beautiful flowers!!


I have to admit that the "Bloom by Bloom" set was one I kinda passed over the first time through the catalog.  It has no sentiments and, upon first glance, it looked a bit plain.   But I have had a chance to play with it and I've been having so much fun creating my own Designer Series Paper and cards!


Not only is the stamp set wonderful, but the Memories & More set is the best!! Some of the papers are coated with pops of glossy textures that make the images really pop.  And then there are the sticker sheets! Here we have sentiments!!! YAYA


Aren't they fantastic!  A pack of Memories & More cards could make dozens of Greeting Cards!  Hmmmmm......... That sounds like a fabulous blog post doesn't it?!

Ah, ok.  Back to it then!  I love saving supplies wherever I can and one of my favorite ways is to cut shapes out of background layers before I mat them to a card.  Today's project was no exception.  I love doing this because now I'll have another layer of this fabulous DSP to use on another card later. It's a two-fer deal!



I started the card with a Night of Navy base (8 1/2" x 11" cardstock scored at 4 1/4").  Then cut the DSP at 5 1/4" x 4", but used one of the Stitched Rectangle shapes to cut the center out of it.  Noone will see that anyway! :-)  The white layer is 4 1/4" x 3".

Now that we've got our pieces worked out, it's time to get it stamped.  I used the Incredible Like You set to give me a nice BOLD sentiment to match the flowers from Bloom by Bloom.  I think I love pairing the two together for this reason.  All of the sentiments are fabulously bold designs. They compliment each other quite well!

Before I put the white layer on the card, I decided to add some of our new Calypso Coral satin ribbon.  It's so pretty and coordinates so well, I had to! I love it!


The only thing left to do is to add some dimensionals to the back of the white layer and put it on!


I really like how this one turned out.  I added a few of the Happiness Blooms enamel dots and dressed up the envelope a bit.  No sense in putting a fabulous card into a plain ol' naked envelope! AMIRIGHT?!

Well there you have it friends! I hope you enjoyed today's post and will FOLLOW my blog.  Following allows you to be notified when i post. :-) That means you never miss one! YAY!

Thank you so very much for stopping by and making a card with me today.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  I'll post the supply list down below.  If you'd like to make your own gorgeous Bloom by Bloom cards,  you need only click the images to be taken directly to my website.

Have a super fabulous and WARM day!


And as always,
Happy Crafting!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment