Monday, October 11, 2021

Day 5 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats

Hello there crafty friends! Happy Monday! It's Day 5 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats time! I have a timeless treat for you today.  It's not candy, but it IS edible. It's one of my family's favorite snacks, especially when we're watching a movie!


YES!!! It's popcorn! Do you love popcorn too?  mmmmmm. That rich buttery, crunchy, yum!! The perfect movie snack. 


I love getting boxes of the individual serve bags to give out as treats because they're a terrific alternative to candy and sweets.  Plus, I feel better about sneaking one than I do with candy! haha!


These little holders are super cute and very easy to make, so let's get to it!

I used a 1/2 sheet (4 1/4" x 11") of cardstock for my belly band.  But that's really not necessary. You COULD cut a sheet to 8 1/2" x 9 1/2" and get two holders, and save that strip of cardstock for something else.  But I didn't bother.  I cut my sheet of cardstock lengthwise in half.  Then, I ran the cardstock along the edge of my workstation table to curl it a bit. Since I'm not scoring lines, it's easier to wrap around the popcorn bag this way. 

The Orange and Black striped circles in the background are created by die cutting the Cute Halloween DSP with the Picture This Circles Die Frame. I'm really enjoying this die because it cuts all of them at once (in different sizes), and they're all stitched! I attached each of the circles with a bit of Stampin' Seal. 

Next, I'm taking a 17" length of Black & White Gingham Ribbon and tying it into a bow around the front of the belly band.  Once the ribbon is tied, I started layering embellishments.  The Green and Black Designer Series Paper piece is cut at 3 3/4" x 1 1/2" with the right end dovetailed. It's attached to the front with Black Dimensionals. 

I used the Picture This circle frame die again on Basic White Cardstock.  I'll use those circles in future projects, but I want one of the small ones to stamp a little Spider in. That little spider is actually from the CUTE HALLOWEEN stamp set.  It seems I interchange them a bit now and then. lol. They're both so cute though!

I'm loving the spider web die cut from the Frightfully Cute bundle. It looks FABULOUS when it's cut from the Black Glitter Paper! Don't you think?  Just the right amount of sparkle! AND, it's Dana approved glitter! YAY!!! hehe. I attached it to the DSP banner with a little Multipurpose Liquid Glue. 

One of the terrific things about the Frightfully Cute Bundle, is that the die set has some really awesome labels.  The Basic White label you see spread over the spider web was stamped in Memento Black and looks perfect right there! I used the mini Black Dimensionals to attach it to the spider web. 


A few of the Black Matte Dots finish this project off nicely I think.  Now, this little treat holder is ready to be gifted out to your favorite friend!

If you'd like to watch the video tutorial for this project, you can see it here: 


I'd love for you to SUBSCRIBE to my channel and give the video a THUMBS UP if you like it! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this fun Halloween Treat and will join me again tomorrow for Day 6 of the 13 Days of Halloween Treats!!  Enjoy!


Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment