Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Technique Tuesday - Embossing Paste


 OOOOH boy do I have a fabulous technique to share with you this week!!  We're gonna use embossing paste to create the background and texture on this AH-DORABLE curvy keepsake box! I started out with the box cut from Merry Merlot paper, and used Silver Embossing Paste.  The silver paste is retired, but you can substitute with the regular white embossing paste and a couple drops of the new delicata silver ink refill. :-)


Here's a quick video to show you how to use the Embossing Paste, and how we used it to make the textured background of our mini curvy keepsake box.


Stampin' Up shared a video tutorial on the embossing paste : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HIZvzYADI


Once the paste was dry, I used the Tuxedo Black Memento ink and sponged over the whole box.  I also inked all the way around the edges to give it a nice spooky look.

I used the Spooktacular Bash stamp set and the Ornate Frames to stamp and cut my little vampire friend and the sentiment. I found that Light Soft Sea Foam makes a fantastic background color for Mr Dracula.

I finished up the box with some of that GORGEOUS Organdy Ribbon! I am SO GLAD Stampin' Up chose to carry it over. It's very pretty!

Well friends, I hope you liked today's Mini Curvy Keepsake Box! AND, I hope you enjoyed today's technique too!  Remember, I'll be sharing the curvy keepsake boxes all week long, so be sure you check  back tomorrow to see the next one!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic
#MiniCurvyKeepsakeBox

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment