Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Technique Tuesday - Rubber Band technique


Hiya! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'm all about Technique Tuesday.  Have you been learning some new tricks so far?

Today's technique was a new one for me.  I first saw Miss Patty Bennett do it and thought it was unique and absolutely FABULOUS!  It's called the "Rubber Band technique" and I think you're going to LOVE it!

Notice the texture stamped in the bottom left corner of this card.  THAT is the Rubber Band Technique!


AWESOME right?!!  Wait til you see how easy it is to achieve! Oh my gosh!!! You're gonna just flip!

First things first,  begin with your card base.  In this sample, I used a 4 1/4" x 11" base that was scored at 5 1/2".

Next, you're going to want a size D clear block and a few rubber bands.  Now, the bands can and should be varied widths.  You're going to wrap the bands around the block in random order.  I managed to wrap mine twice each.  You will also want to make sure that your "STAMPING SIDE" is flat and that the bands "twist" on the top side. This will give you the best stamping surface.  You should end up with a block looking like this:


I only used a small handful of bands.  I also found that regular ol' contact paper works very well at "masking off" the area you want to stamp on.  It sticks to the cardstock well, and yet comes off easily too.


Can you see it on there?

The actual stamping technique is pretty simple. Just randomly stamp the bands into your ink and then onto your paper.  I started with the Pretty Peacock first and then stamped with the Mint Macaron.   I REALLY like the way it turned out.  There are solid lines and speckled lines and random little speckled spots.  I's very nice!


Of course, you'll want to use a baby wipe to clean the banded block between each color change.


Is it awesome?!  I LOVE IT!!!  You will DEFINITELY see more of this technique from me, in the future! lol.

Ok, so then I used the Free as a Bird bundle to decorate the card.  I really like the nested labels framelits! I stamped the sentiment and the bird in Pretty Peacock, and the leaf cluster in Mint Macaron.

Then, I used a blender pen to color Soft Seafoam on the belly and face of the bird, Pretty Peacock for his topline, and a touch of Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend for his beak.



I fussy cut the bird so I could pop him up with dimensionals on the frame.  He's really simple to do. It's not terribly detailed.


I am really loving this technique and look forward to playing with it a bit more! I hope you'll try it out too. You may just find your new favorite technique! :-D

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I really hope you've enjoyed this technique.  Don't forget to leave a comment below and let me know if you've tried it before or if  you plan to try it now. And, if you do, come back and let me know what you think. Ok?

Have a fantastic day my friends!!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the idea. I did not have the exact colors however i did substitute and it turned out very nice. Florence Miller

    ReplyDelete