Wednesday, June 19, 2019

CASE IT Wednesday - Above The Clouds


Hello there friends!  How is your mid week so far?

It's time for CASE-IT Wednesday and I have a super cute little project for you today!

This one comes from page 89 of the new annual catalog. Do you have one yet?  Oh my goodness! I am head over heels in love with this catalog!!  It's easily the BEST ONE YET!! Seriously, if you don't have a demo and don't have this new catalog yet, let me know and I'll get one out to you!

Ok, today's project:  LOVE IT!


Now, disclaimer up front: This card is NOT a typical sized card.  I'm not sure if I have my dimensions totally the same as the catalog, but from the looks of it I'm pretty close if not.  Mine measures out at 3 1/2" square.

So I started with a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock measuring 3 1/2" x 7" and scored at 3 1/2".  This is the card base.

I also cut another layer of Crumb Cake at 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" square.

I used a piece of Whisper White to cut the stitched circle (the 2nd largest one) and to stamp & cut the Hot Air Balloon as well as the clouds.

Since these are photopolymer AND distinktive stamps, it's really important to use a piercing mat under your paper when you're stamping.  This will give you the best clean image.


As you can see in the top balloon image, the stamp is meant to have a little highlight and shading. So don't worry if you've got some "patching" of color.  However, if it's not a soft transition or really splotchy, you may not have a clean image.  You really want to use the piercing mat or some other type of "cushion" like a stack of magazines or something.  Firm with a little give, if you know what I mean.

Ok, so the Above the Clouds stamps are ALSO two step stampin' stamps. We get all kinds of techniques out of this one set! ha!!

I stamped the hot air balloon background and outline in Pumpkin Pie ink and stamped the outline on pumpkin pie cardstock.

Then I used the coordinating punch to cut them out.

To get the sentiment placement right on the card, I laid the White circle on the Crumb Cake layer and stamped around it.  I used the "HI, FRIEND" stamp from the set and applied it with a slight curve onto the block, before I started stamping.  That's a great "TIP" for ya. :-) It makes an incredible statement!



Then, I stamped the clouds on a scrap of the Whisper White Cardstock and also across the top of the die cut circle to make a background for our balloon.  I had to fussy cut the clouds from the scrap, but they're really simple to do.



I stamped the balloon's basket in Crumb Cake ink on Crumb Cake paper and used the punch to cut it out.



I did a bit of cutting on the Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, so I could make the layers on my balloon.

Don't throw that middle piece away though, because you can use it on another balloon. :-)

To assemble my center piece, I used dimensionals on the balloon itself.  I glued one of the clouds off the edge of the circle and glued the other two directly onto the balloon.  The little bits of bling are made from using a few of our little iridescent sequins. These things are SUPER CUTE and really finish the piece off nicely!


All that's left to do is assembly.  I glued the Crumb Cake layer directly to the card base, and applied the white circle centerpiece with dimensionals.  I also added a mini dimensional to the basket and applied it at the base of the white circle.  And Viola!! You're done!


The card is super cute and would make an ADORABLE gift tag!!

I hope you enjoyed today's Case-It Project! Remember, those samples are in the catalog for you to use as well! So feel free to CASE the catalog for your next card or project!

Have a super fabulous day everyone!!!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment