Wednesday, April 3, 2019

CASE IT WEDNESDAY - Follow Your Dreams

Hello everyone!!  It's time for CASE IT Wednesday!  Today's project is focused on the "Follow Your Dreams" stamp and die bundle.  This set is absolutely gorgeous and can be used is so many different ways!


Dreamcatchers are HUGE right now, and Stampin' Up! is so very good about knowing what's trending.  From the "IN" colors to fabulous stamp sets and glorious designer series papers, Stampin' Up! is on top of the current style!

The Follow Your Dreams bundle is just gorgeous!  The font on the word "DREAM" is beautiful, the feathers are fantastic, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the detail of that mandala!!


As you can see, there are plenty of options available for this bundle.  In fact, I created another card a while back, using this bundle and a more monochromatic style. I used only Very Vanilla and our Copper Foil Sheets.  It was a stunning card!



On that card, I used the dreamcatcher die and put the die cut up on dimensionals for it to pop off the card.  Then I cut the mandala out of the copper strip and also cut another one out of a separate piece and layered them over top each other to give the look of more strings in the middle.

For today, however, we're casing the catalog and they used a LOT of color!  It's beautiful! I cut each of the feathers out of a different color of cardstock and then used their coordinating markers to draw the vein lines.  You could also use a blender pen and ink pads (as shown below).


The colors used today were:
Mint Macaron
Whisper White
Tranquil Tide
Fresh Fig
So Saffron
Calypso Coral
Petal Pink

If you look closely at the card, you'll see a textured layer of cardstock.  That layer measures 5 3/8 x 4 1/8".  I ran that layer through the big shot with the Subtle texture embossing folder. When plain isn't enough, but you don't want too much "in your face" texture, the Subtle folder comes to the rescue! It's amazing how much difference it makes.  It's my go-to in situations like that!


The next layer measures 4 7/8 x 3 5/8".  I cut the mandala shape into this layer but didn't use the circle die, so it would stay inlayed into the cardstock.  I also popped this entire layer up with dimensionals.


When cutting the mandala, you'll need to use the circle die with it, to get it to remove completely from the paper.  The middle "strings" are made to stay with the cardstock (as seen in the top Mint Macaron layer).  Using the circle die completes the cut and removes the whole piece.


Once I had all my pieces cut and ready, I assembled the card.


To get fine detailed pieces glued, I find the easiest way is with a silicone mat and liquid glue.  Just a tiny dab of glue sponged on keeps the mess at bay and gives a good even coverage of glue to the piece.


To get the "FOLLOW YOUR" by itself, I used the Calypso Coral marker to color just that part of the stamp.  Once you've colored it, "HUFF" some warm air on to the stamp to hydrate it.  This will give you a good strong image.


After I got the basic elements on the card, I came back with the small sun stamp and versamark and added just a few little images to enhance the look of the card.  Even though it's "clear", this step really does make all the difference in the card!


There you have it friends! I hope you enjoyed today's project. CASEing the catalog is a fantastic way of getting your creative juices flowing! AND you get a terrific card as well.  I highly encourage you to CASE the catalog often!

Thanks so much for stopping by today friends! I hope to see you again soon!

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!


By clicking on any of these images, you will be taken directly to that product in my web store so you can get your own.
Product List

1 comment:

  1. Wow this card is stunning! Absolutely Beautiful! I've had my eye on this stamp set for awhile now I got to get it! Lol! Thanks Dana 😊

    ReplyDelete