Monday, April 8, 2019

AUTISM AWARENESS Thank You Card


Hello there my friends! I hope you're doing well today!  It's time for Kylie's Demonstrator Training Blog Hop for the month of April!

April is also Autism Awareness month.  I have a personal connection to this disorder, so it means alot to me to be able to create a card like this.  Thanks so much to Stampin' Up! for giving us so many incredible stamp sets that help bring awareness to many causes that affect our friends and families.

The "LOVE YOU TO PIECES" stamp and die bundle are PERFECT for making spectrum cards.


I really like how the card came together.  I created it using a super popular technique called "floating frame".


I started with a Blueberry Bushel card base 4 1/4 x 11" and then a Whisper White layer cut at 5 1/4 x 4".   I used the bright primary colors: Real Red, Call Me Clover, Pumpkin Pie, Blueberry Bushel, and Pineapple Punch for the puzzle pieces, as is customary for the Autism Awareness colors.

I cut a larger puzzle piece out of all the colors, but settled on a green one.


I also cut a whole panel of pieces out of each color to use as the frame on the card.   Once the pieces were all cut, I attached the white layer to the card base and then arranged the little puzzle pieces how I liked them around the white layer.


After I aranged the pieces how I liked them, I used a piece of Glad Press'n Seal to layer over top and smoothed it down with my bone folder to get a good "connection" with the puzzle pieces.


When I was sure the pieces were stuck to the press'n seal, I peeled it away from the white layer and laid it on the big shot cutting mat. 


I used the Rectangle Stitched Framelits to cut my frame out of the middle.


After the frame was cut out, I flipped the piece over on the table and added dimensionals to the backside. As you can see, this technique uses a TON of them.  Holy mackerel!!  Next time I will use the framing parts of the dimensionals for this task. lol


I applied the frame to the card front and then used dimensionals again to attach the green puzzle piece.

I like the layers on this card.  They're pretty neat!


On the inside of the frame, I stamped "Thanks For Keeping me Together".


For the inside of the card, I used a piece of Pineapple Punch cardstock measuring 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped a frame of puzzle pieces in Tuxedo Black.  Then glued the red puzzle piece down with snail.

All in all, it's a fun technique, but BOY does it use a LOT of dimensionals! lol.

I hope you liked my project today. I enjoyed making the card. :-)

Make sure you follow the blog hop around to the other incredible demonstrators who are listed here.  They've got some amazing projects lined up for you as well!





Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you come back again soon!

 Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting! 

You can purchase any or all of the products I used today, by clicking the icons here. They'll take you directly to my website.
Product List

12 comments:

  1. I love what u did with this card! It is so adorable! Yes I bet it does take alot of dimensional's. Lol! I'm gonna have to get this stamp set! Thanks Dana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Miss Tracy! :-) This set is incredibly versatile! I did a Valentine's card with it this year too.

      Delete
  2. So great Dana. Love your inside too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tons Miss Melinda! No naked envelopes and no naked insides either! :-D

      Delete
  3. Love the bold colours and the great sentiment Dana. Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this technique and card, Dana! Such a wonderful card for someone special... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bold colors. Great cards!😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Dana and i love all the colours

    ReplyDelete