Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Vintage Tools Masculine Card CASE-IT Wednesday


Good morning my crafty friends! How are you this fine Wednesday?  I have a fabulous CASE-IT project to share with you today! 

Our project can be found on page 87 of the 2022 Annual Catalog, and features the "VINTAGE TOOLS" Stamp Set.  It's another masculine card for you! Father's Day is coming up and I want you to be prepared! :-D 

I love this stamp set because these old tools remind me of my great-grandfather (my pappy). He was always tinkering out in his workshop.  Now, my husband shares a similar trait.  So this set works really well for him too! 


I started out with a standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4") Gray Granite Card Base.  Then, I cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of the Gray Granite textured paper from the Sun Prints 12x12" Designer Series Paper pack, for the front layer.  This card uses the all new (super exciting) Split Card Texture Dies, which I am now FULLY in love with!! Oh my goodness!!! They're awesome! You'll be able to see a photo below. 

The front panel of the card is 3" x 4" Basic White Cardstock that I stamped the tools around (as shown here) in Early Espresso Ink.  I didn't actually need to stamp the hammer in the middle, since the other hammer is being put in that place on Stampin' Dimensionals. However, I felt it would be a great placeholder to go ahead and stamp it there. 


There's just a hint of Old Olive coloring on this project. In the catalog, it's just the hammer in the middle that is colored. Of course, I always say "NO NAKED INSIDES, AND NO NAKED ENVELOPES", so I did a little coloring on each of those items as well. Ya know, just to tie it all in together nicely. 


The sentiment piece is a 2 1/2" x 3/4" strip of Crushed Curry Cardstock that I've stamped with Versamark and embossed with White Emboss Powder.  The saying is so cute too "Build in some time for yourself".  Perfect for this set, isn't it? 


You can see that pretty much everything is on Stampin' Dimensionals for this card.  I did strategically place the ones on the sentiment strip so that it and the hammer are actually the same "layer" of dimension. The 2 3/8" x 4 5/8" Old Olive banner piece is the first layer of dimension.  The hammer and the sentiment share the second layer because the sentiment piece will straddle the hammer and lay on top of it. Pretty smart actually! 


The finishing touch is a sweet little bow made from the Baker's Twine Essentials Pack. 


I hope you enjoyed today's project. I really like this one and plan to use this card as a fabulous Father's Day card! But ooooooh who shall I give it to?? :-D

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment