Thursday, June 9, 2022

Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop - Ombre


Good morning my crafty friends! I hope you're doing well.  I have a fabulous Blog Hop to share with you today! The Crafty Collaborations Crew are doing a Technique Hop that's all about OMBRE! 


I love the look of Ombre on pretty much anything, so this project was a lot of fun! I decided to see how many ways I could make the ombre look on this one project! Fun right?!

First and foremost, is the Parakeet Party background layer of the Starry Sky card front.  It's made with the 2022-2024 In-Color Ombre Glimmer Paper.  It's already Ombre! How easy peezy is that? lol.

I'm using the Sending Smiles Stamp & Die Bundle for this project because I like the flowers and I LOVE the double layered "SENDING" word dies. 

I used Garden Green for the stems of my flowers, so they would stand out a bit better against an already green background. 


Next, I used Sponge Daubers to apply Starry Sky ink in an ombre fashion (darker nearest the bottom, graduating up to lightest on top) onto the flowers. This is such a fun and relaxing way to create an ombre look. 


I popped the flowers up on Stampin' Dimensionals to give them a little bit of dimension. 


I used Parakeet Party Cardstock for the background and Basic White Cardstock for the foreground cuts of the word "SENDING".  I love the font and the way this piece looks with both layers.  So pretty!

Before attaching the word to the card, I added a flower peeking just behind the corner of the word and then added dimensionals across and attached to the card front. 


The finishing touches to the card are the little In-Color Matte Dots.  They're so cute and I always love the way Stampin' Up products coordinate so well in the same colorway!


I have one last ombre method to share with you! 

For the inside panel and the envelope, I used a Blending Brush to ink up the paper. I applied it darker nearest the bottom, and graduated lighter going up. 


Well, there you have it! Three ways to Ombre and all are so much fun!


I really hope you enjoyed my project today! Be sure to follow the hop all the way around so you don't miss any of the fantastic projects included! :-D


Join me for a ZOOM Kit Craft-A-Long on Wednesday June 22nd at 7pm EDT!
See details by clicking the image below: 


Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment