Wednesday, June 8, 2022

CASE-IT Wednesday: Delicate Details Treat Box


Good morning my crafty friends! How are you today?  I hope you're having a terrific day!  It's been so long since I've done a CASE-IT Wednesday. I can't even recall the last time.  But one of my customers asked me about it the other day, so I thought "I'd better start that back up"!

Today, we're looking at page 28 of the new 2022 Annual Catalog.  This gift box/treat holder is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I fell in love instantly! 

The body of this project is already basically put together for you. The Delicate Details Treat Boxes come in a flat 12x12" package of 8. All of this beautiful lace has me daydreaming of Bridal Showers and Weddings! But of course, they could also be used for baby showers and birthdays too!  

Today's use will be birthday.  We can all use birthday gift packaging ideas, right? 

Here's what you'll need to complete this project: 

* 1 - Delicate Detailed Treat Box
* 4"x5" Coastal Cabana Cardstock (to layer on the backside of the lace)
* 3"x3" Sweet Sorbet Cardstock (for poppy background)
* 3"x3" Flirty Flamingo Cardstock (for poppy foreground)
* 1"x3" Crushed Curry Cardstock (for 3 center stamen)
* 1 1/2"x3" Crushed Curry Cardstock (for sentiment label)
* 7/8"x4" Granny Apple Green Cardstock (for 2 leaf backgrounds)
* 7/8"x4" Garden Green Cardstock (for 2 leaf foregrounds)
* White Baker's Twine for bow
* Opal Round (Large) for flower center

The first thing I did, was apply Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the backside of all that lace. Then, laid the Coastal Cabana Cardstock across it.


In order to cover the entire backside of the lace, the Coastal Cabana piece had to be a bit bigger.  I fussy cut around all the edges to make it line up nicely.  Trust me, this little bit of effort really made it look nice!


Doing it this way covers the ribbon holes, so I had to grab my handy dandy hole punch to open them back up. 


Each of the little elements die cut and then assembled.  I really love the Painted Labels and Poppy Moments Dies! They make really pretty projects! I cut 3 of the little Crushed Curry center stamens to make the middle look full. 


The sentiment is embossed in White Emboss Powder, using Versamark ink.  The Happy Birthday stamp comes from the Peaceful Moments stamp set. 


Once I glued everything together, I added one of the large Opal Rounds to the middle.  It finishes the flower off nicely! The leaves and the sentiment piece were glued directly to the backside of the flower.


The entire flower piece was attached to the front of the bag with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I doubled the Baker's Twine to make a fuller bow, but the sample in the catalog only did a single. You can make the choice for yourself. :-) 


I hope you enjoyed this beautiful gift box.  I think it looks even more fabulous in person! I can't wait to gift it away! :-D 


Join me for a ZOOM Kit Craft-A-Long on Wednesday June 22nd at 7pm EDT!
See details by clicking the image below: 

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 



To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment