Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Pride Parade, coming through!


Love is LOVE, people! Today is a good day to shout it from the rooftops.  Join me and the Crafty Collaborations Crew for a rainbow filled parade of pride focused projects. 

Quick back story: I've had this piece of rainbow stripes with the heart cut out for weeks.  It's the "scrap" from another project I did not too long ago.  I was sure that I could find a use for it, because I couldn't bear the thought of throwing it away. Then, this hop came along and I just knew that this was it! 


I love how bright and cheerful the card is!  It reminds me of Rainbow Brite.  The Basic White makes a beautiful background for all that incredible color! So fresh and clean!

The rainbow stripe piece is just thin scraps of cardstock that I already had on hand. A piece of paper has to be PRETTY SMALL for me to throw it away. lol. I'm thrifty like that.  So it was pretty easy to find 1/4" and smaller strips from these colors: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Night of Navy, and Highland Heather.  They were just attached to a piece of Basic White Cardstock using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  

On the original project, I wanted a rainbow heart.  So I had attached all these strips with the intent of just being able to get that one heart out of it.  It worked out perfectly, because I was able to trim away the revealing white cardstock, and use foam adhesive strips to attach this piece to the corner of the card.  Then, I just used the same heart punch to cut a Real Red one and layered it over the top.  

The "hello" sentiment comes from the Sweet as a Peach stamp set and the "sweet friend" sentiment came from the Measure of Love stamp set.  Both sentiments' labels came from the Messages Die. 


I really didn't want much embellishment on the card, because I wanted to preserve the clean look.  A sweet bow tied from White Baker's Twine and a couple little Red Rhinestones were just the ticket!


I hope you enjoyed today's project! Be sure to follow the hop around to see all the other fantastic creations the rest of the crew have come up with for you. :-D  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

2 comments: