Saturday, May 29, 2021

Batter Up May 2021 Paper Pumpkin


Hello my friends! I hope you're all doing well today! One of my favorite things about Paper Pumpkin (aside from how awesome the kits are, anyway) is seeing what kind of alternative projects I can create with the contents of the kits.  

The theme for May 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit is Batter Up!  As in, BASEBALL baby!!


The kit makes 9 awesome baseball themed cards (3 each of 3 different designs).  


Now, I don't really need that many baseball cards, but I was able to create some pretty neat alternative projects with some of the supplies in the kit. 

I mean, look at those fantastic card bases! They can be used for so many different things!! 


Speaking of so many different things, let me show you a few of my alternative projects. Ok? 

Project #1 is a card that I wanted to sorta resemble the old 1920's baseball shirt.  I created a template from the home plate die cut negative and made one of my own.  I used Smoky Slate Ink to "scuff" it up a bit, then stamped You're the Greatest in Night of Navy Ink directly onto the card.  I stamped Dad in Night of Navy on a scrap of Basic White Cardstock, then layered it on with dimensionals.  The buttons came from the All Dressed Up Dies.  


This next card uses the baseball hat image to create a background paper.  I used a BumbleBee card base, then a layer of Real Red and finally the Basic White background piece.  I had this scrap strip of Real Red in my paper pack and it helped the sentiment piece stand out better, so I added it on.  The sentiment was stamped in Real Red and then fussy cut to look like the die cut pieces from the kit.  I love those little resin dots from the kit! SO CUTE!


The kit had a fun little surprise included this time, and I wanted to make sure I used them for something.  Double Bubble bubble gum goes with baseball almost as much as a ball bat!  What a sweet treat to bring back  your childhood! 

I decided to make a little gift tag using one of the red/yellow striped layers from the kit, and a few of the die cuts (baseball, bat, All Star).  I used Red Satin Ribbon and White Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon that I colored Night of Navy, and then tied them both with the black/white twine from the Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack.  The piece of gum is attached with a little strip of Stampin' Seal +.


This card was a lot of fun to make! Instead of using any of the die cut pieces from the kit, I replicated them just using paper and inks.  The bats are cut from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper, while the baseballs are created on Basic White Cardstock using the die cut negative as a template.  When you punch out the baseballs from the kit, the negative has little red tick marks where the printing went past the die cut. I used those marks (and a layering circle die) to recreate the lacing for the baseballs.  I also used the negative as a stencil with a sponge dauber and Smoky Slate ink to create the ball itself.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much they look like the die cut ones. Yay!  I stamped You're the Best in Night of Navy and fussy cut around it, then layered on brother (stamped in Real Red). 


Last, but not least, is a project I made for my mom for Mother's Day.  I wanted to make something completely un-related to Baseball.  So I used the woodgrain card base for a little gift tray.  I separated the front from the back and used the back as the base of my tray.  The woodgrain side I die cut with the Hey Birthday Chick fence die, a few times, to create the garden fence around the tray.  Before I assembled the tray, I used blending brushes to create the grass and sky on the sides of the it.  Then assembled just like a basic box, added tissue paper and the hand sanitizer, Tied some white twine around it into a bow, attached "You're the best (stamped in Melon Mambo ink)" "Mom" to the front with dimensionals, and then wrapped up the whole thing in our little gusseted bags from the Annual Catalog.  I finished my little gift with a cute twine bow.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom!


I hope you enjoyed this sampling of alternative projects featuring the May 2021 Paper Pumpkin Kit! Be sure to visit the blogs listed below for lots of other fantastic ideas! 



Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


Registration is NOW OPEN for an Artistically Inked Blue Ridge Stampin' Escape! JOIN ME!! Click the image below to go to the details page and to register.  It's a ton of fun you don't wanna miss out on!


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dana, Thank you for sharing so many wonderful alternative cards for the kit. I especially liked the gift tag with bubble gum attached!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so creative! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your ideas, especially the treat package with the bubble gum!

    ReplyDelete