Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Honey Bee CASE-It Wednesday

Good morning friends! How are you today?

On Monday, I shared a fabulous fancy fold card using the Honey Bee Stamp & Die bundle.  I just LOVE that bundle, don't you?  They're gorgeous!  So pretty, in fact, that I decided to CASE the catalog for one of the projects featuring the Honey Bee Bundle. I think you're going to like it. 




I love the Pretty Peacock Card base with the Mint Macaron Hive and the Cajun Craze bees.  So cute!

First, I started with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" card base, scored at 4 1/4". 

Then I used the 2nd largest Stitched Rectangle die to cut the mat layer.  I stamped all over it with one of the beautiful flower stem stamps and Versamark ink. This technique adds a lot of texture to a project, without much effort. 



To get the multi-color flower stems, I used Stampin' Write Markers.  Using the markers allows me to color the stems Old Olive, but color the flowers Pretty Peacock.  A word of caution here ***  DO NOT USE STAMPIN' BLENDS TO COLOR DIRECTLY ONTO YOUR STAMPS*** It can actually dry them out and break down the rubber compound, but also it permanently stains DARK.  Anyway, just don't do it. lol. Only color your stamps with the Stampin' Write markers. Trust me! ;-)  

Once you color the whole image, you may need to "HUFF" on it to moisten the ink back up. It's a thing. HAHA.

The Honey Bees are stamped in Cajun Craze and then die cut.  "Hello" is stamped in Pretty Peacock and cut by hand. 



I told ya the card is beautiful!  You can see how easy it is to CASE the catalog.  CASE-ing the catalog is especially helpful to get you out of a papercrafting "funk".  Try it and see.  Flip through to a stamp set you already have in your stash, then recreate the project using what you have on hand!  If you're missing an embellishment or something, you can always substitute for something else! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today friends! I hope you enjoyed this FUN  CASE-IT Wednesday!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

#HoneyBeeSuite

If you'd like to purchase any of the supplies I used today to create a project of your own, Just let us know. 


Product List
Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker
Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker
[100079]








The Everything Is Rosy Class To Go is available as a kit or a PDF tutorial only 
(while supplies last).  Click the image to register and get more details! 

No comments:

Post a Comment