Friday, May 22, 2020

A card for the broken hearted....

Those who have had the pleasure of having a "fur baby" or "man/woman's best friend" or "companion" or whatever you choose to describe them...... Know the utter joy of being a pet owner/partner. 

In a world of chaos and confusion, there is always one constant at home. Our best friends, our companions, our babies are always there to show how happy they are to see us home again.  While some may say that they are "just animals", we lucky ones know the truth.  They are the best of us! Irreplaceable. Sometimes our sanity. And often times, our whole world.

My fur babies are Layla and Gunner.  My faithful sidekicks, and trusted companions. The sweetest, kindest, most loving puppers on the planet. Unless you try to lay a finger on me of course! lol.  Then they're rearing to go to protect me. 




They totally look "ferocious" don't they? lol. Unconditional love runs both ways.  And even though I know they're getting older, the idea that I will someday have to say goodbye is already a devastating thought.

One of my sweet friends lost her fur baby this past weekend. She is heartbroken, and I completely understand.  I wanted to send her a card, to let her know I was thinking of her. 


Thanks to Stampin' Up for always seeming to have just the right stamps for us!  The Happy Tails Stamp set is on the retiring list, but I plan to hang on to it for a long time to come. I love the puppy dog that you can add spots and patches to, and the sentiments are just PERFECT!
There's a lot of two step stampin' going on with this set too.  You have the option of dalmation type spots, or lucky type patches, plus the dog has a collar.  And the hearts two step, as well as the dog house.  And check out those fabulous sentiments! LOVE IT!



I love the color combination here. I think it fits well for a fur baby card. I used the little paw print stamp to create a background on the scalloped rectangle.  It definitely draws the eye in!  The sentiment is beautiful too.  On the outside it says "So sorry for your loss". On the inside it says "A Best Friend leaves a paw print on  your heart".  It's so true! 



I used a lot of layers and a bit of dimension too.  I really like the look of it and it adds to the quality of the card. 



If you have a fur baby that you love, be sure to hug it extra tight today. We don't get to have them in our lives nearly long enough.

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic


If you don't have the Happy Tails set in your collection, you really need it! There's also one called Nine Lives if you're more of a kitty person. :-) No judgments on which is better. I'll add them both to this list.  Just click the image of the item you'd like to purchase, and it'll take you directly to my website Enjoy!

Product List
1-1/4" (3.2 Cm) Circle Punch
1-1/4" (3.2 Cm) Circle Punch
[119861]





The Everything Is Rosy Class To Go is available as a kit or a PDF tutorial only 
(while supplies last).  Click the image to register and get more details! 

No comments:

Post a Comment