Monday, July 11, 2022

Christmas In July Slimline Card


Good evening friends! Happy Monday! I dunno about you, but I'm ready for this sweltering weather to go away! So, I have decided to create a sweet Christmas In July card to help beat the heat! hehe. 

I'm using the Trees For Sale Stamp Set from the 2022 Holiday Catalog and Coordinating Tree Lot Dies from the FREE Sale-A-Bration brochure.
Trees For Sale #159785 ($22.00)


Tree Lot Dies #159938 (FREE with purchase)

I actually fell in love with the dies before I even noticed the stamp set.  The little vintage camper just did it for me. 

SO STINKIN' CUTE!!

But then, when I had both products in hand, I realized how absolutely fantastic they are together!  These two products could easily be used for just about any occasion  you could think of.  I can visualize another slimline card with a whole row of glammed up campers in bright cheerful colors! Or perhaps a camper done up in camoflauge  and a more masculine scene for a guy's birthday.  The possibilities are endless! 

For today's project however, I'm bringing the feeling of a much cooler day and making a nice Christmas Card.  I do love a good slimline card, and this design works perfectly for that! There's plenty of room to make a nice Christmas Tree Farm scene. 

Here's what you'll need for this card: 

* 8 1/2"x7" Blushing Bride Cardstock (scored at 3 1/2") to make an 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" Slimline card
* 8 3/8" x 3 3/8" Gingham Cottage DSP 
* 8" x 3" Basic White Cardstock for front panel
* 8 3/8" x 3 3/8" Basic White Cardstock for inside panel
* Scraps of Cardstock in the following colors for die cutting: Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron, Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, Grey Granite, Garden Green, Real Red, Silver Foil


I used Mint Macaron and Mossy Meadow for the colors of my trees.  I think the two together give a nice contrast and interest.  For the card front background, I stamped the tree background onto the piece after stamping off one time to make it lighter. Then, I stamped the corresponding accent stamp full strength over top of each one. 

On Scraps of Mint Macaron and Mossy Meadow, I stamped the accent image on one of each size of tree. And then added the snowy accent die cut piece over top of that. 


That camper! Oh my!!! I love it! I would absolutely LOVE to have one of these vintage beauties in real life! I die cut the whole camper in Silver Foil. Then used Blushing Bride for the top and bottom accents. I used a 2"x 3/4" strip of Gray Granite Cardstock behind the windows.  I wanted it to look like actual tinted windows, so I used a Gray Granite Stampin' Blends Marker to make the shadowy lines. 

I don't know if you can see it well in the photos, but the scalloped window curtain actually has candy cane imprints on it too! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I used Garden Green Cardstock for the wreath and Real Red for the bow. 


For the strings of lights, I used Stampin' Blends Markers and then went over the colored globes with Wink of Stella to give them a little twinkle. 


I really love the way this card turned out! My "first" Christmas 2022 card is in the books! Yaya!! 


Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment