Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thinking Of You Gift Box (Paper Pumpkin Alternative)


One thing I absolutely LOVE is creating something totally different, using ONLY supplies in the Paper Pumpkin kits.  This month's kit was a beautiful set of 9 nautical themed cards.  But, I was able to take one of the card bases, and turn it into this super cute little gift box! And the best part is, I only used supplies from the kit! 


I started out with one of the Basic Gray card bases. To make the box, you'll need to cut 1" off the 8 1/2" length (to make a total piece 7 1/2" x 5 1/2"), score according to the measurements here, and then cut according to the photo below: 

Score on the LONG SIDE at: 1", 3 1/4", (4 1/4" already there), and at 6 1/2"
Score on the SHORT SIDE at: 1" and 4 1/2" 


Once you've cut each of the 6 square spaces into mitered tabs, you can assemble the box as shown here:


I cut a piece of  an embossed card layer to 3 3/8" x 2 1/8" and then roughed up the edges to give it a nice distressed look. 


The kit comes with a Bermuda Bay ink spot.  I like to save those to use as gifts and things, so I use my own full sized pad. I stamped "Thinking of you" on one of the skinny little sentiment strips, and message bottle. 


To make this look like an "authentic" message in a bottle (lol), I've tied a length of the linen thread around the neck of the bottle and attached the sentiment strip before I tied my bow. Super cute!


Before attaching the distressed piece to the box, I wanted to tie a length of linen thread to the box to make a cute closure. This isn't really a necessary step, as the box stays pretty well on it's own. But it's cute! 


I used a couple of the die cut embellishments to decorate the top of the box before attaching the bottle with Stampin' Dimensionals. 


This box is just as cute as it can be and is big enough for a couple little snack size candy bars or anything else you can fit into a 3" x 2" x 1" box. :-D I hope you enjoy this sweet project! I had so much fun turning a card base into this box! LOVE IT!! I hope you try this technique yourself. You can make so many cute boxes from card bases!


Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 



To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment