Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Sending Good Thoughts



Good evening my crafty friends! It's time for a little Paper Pumpkin alternative! Tonight, we're hopping along with the Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Design Team to bring you some amazing alternative ideas for the July 2022 Sending Good Thoughts Paper Pumpkin Kit. The kit included supplies to create 9 nautical themed cards.


To be honest, this kit was so fantastic, I almost hated not putting the whole thing together as is....... Almost! But with such an awesome kit, there's bound to be even more awesome alternative prospects. Right?! YAYAY!! 

I hope you think so too!  My project is a super cute and super fun Shaker Card!


I began with the Bermuda Bay card base and the Fresh Freesia card front from the kit.  I used the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut the stitched circle out of the Fresh Freesia layer. Then, I took a scrap from an envelope I dismantled and set it behind the Freesia piece.  I drew a light circle in pencil, so that I had a reference point for stamping a background on it.  I stamped a few Bermuda Bay grassy clusters on and near the circle area. I also added a cluster of Poppy Parade starfish. 


I taped the envelope scrap to the card front, making sure that it would line back up with the Fresh Freesia panel. Then, I added Foam Adhesive strips where the pencil drawn circle showed up.  By adding the foam strips to the background piece and not the cover piece, I can use it to better hold the confetti that will go in the shaker.  I used a few bits from the kit to make my alternative card. 


In the negative spaces around the punch outs, I stamped and then fussy cut 3 of the little seahorses. I added the little fussy cut pieces to the confetti pile on the card front. 


So it looks something like this by the time you get the foam strips and then the confetti and fussy cut seahorses in there. 


I put a piece of Window Sheet across the backside of the cut out circle.  I wanted to make sure that it was dry, before I attached it to the card. It just wouldn't be much fun if the confetti all stuck around the edges. lol. Thankfully, a couple quick "SHAKE, SHAKES" and I knew it was good! :-D


This card was so much fun to make, and oh so pretty!! I sure hope y'all enjoy it! I just love it! 


Click the "NEXT" button to head over to Ms Mary's blog. Be sure to follow the hop all the way around to see all of the fabulous alternative projects awaiting you!


Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 



To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

8 comments:

  1. Love your shaker card!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I always love a shaker card and this month's kit is perfect for it!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love the shaker card, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shaker card. I think I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your shaker card and how you used the envelope piece! Everything about this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! The shaker card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete