Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Scrap Buster Birthday Card

Hello there, Stampers! Today, I'm going to share a quick way to use up some of those little cardstock strips that seem to pile up in the scrap bin. Grab a handful of them out and create this fun card with me!


My strips are assorted widths, and that's ok.  Not only is it OK, but it's actually great! I really like the variation in sizes of papers.  My color combination here is: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, and Pretty Peacock. I hate to see Pretty Peacock leave. It's one of my absolute FAVORITE colors.  It'll be retiring with the other 2019-2021 In-Colors at the end of the month. :'( 


Once you've collected your strips and laid them out in whatever order you want, you'll need a cardstock base to attach them to. I used a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Basic White Cardstock and an adhesive sheet to attach my strips. I find that the adhesive sheet is just so quick and easy and less mess.  However, if you don't have adhesive sheets on hand, you can use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to attach the strips to the cardstock. 


Once you have the entire piece of cardstock covered in strips, trim the excess from all the edges, leaving behind a beautiful cardstock layer. 


You could just attach this to your card base, but I took it a step further! 


If you'd like, you can add texture to your layer.  I think it adds an element of texture to the overall project.  So, I chose to use the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder with it. Love it!


When I want to raise an entire layer off the card base, I like to use the Adhesive Foam Strips. I don't want my layer to get warped or sag anywhere, and the foam strips are tough enough to hold the whole thing up.  It just makes your card feel more substantial and sturdy. I like that!


Once the embossed layer is attached to the card base, it's time to assemble and embellish the card.  

The Stitched Shapes and Layering Squares Dies are retiring with the end of the current Annual Catalog, but they're still some of my GO-TO tools.  I've been mourning their loss since we got the retirement list weeks ago! Sad, Sad day! :'( I will (of course) keep them in my personal stash, but will be sad to not be able to share fabulous projects using them anymore.  

All this to say, if you don't already have them in your collection........... RUN!!!  Run and get them RIGHT NOW so you don't miss out! 

I used Pretty Peacock Ink and the "You Are Amazing" Stamp Set to create the sentiment on the front.  I stamped "Happy Birthday" inside the card. 

"No Naked Insides and No Naked Envelopes!"


The final touches are a sweet bow made from the 3/8" Sheer Pool Party Ribbon, and three little Rhinestone Basic Jewels.  

I really like using up all my scraps of paper and projects like this are perfect for that!  Of course, you can do so many things with your scraps! 

If you do pinterest, you can follow my Paper Stash Buster Board for more ideas! While you're there, follow all of my boards.  I have tons of things saved from Paper Crafts, to raising Chickens, to Lawn & Garden and Party Ideas! 


I hope you enjoyed today's project my friends! 

Follow me on Instagram to see this and more Paper Stash Bustin' Projects! 


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment