Friday, April 2, 2021

Ice Cream Corner Blog Hop


Good morning stampin' friends! How are you?  TGIF!! I'm so ready for the weekend! I've got an exciting project to share with you today. It's a Birthday Card,  it's a Fancy Fold. AND, it's a Gift Card Holder, all in one! Talk about a trifecta of awesome! 

It also has the added bonus of being part of the Ice Cream Corner Blog Hop! That means you're going to get inundated with all things related to one of my all time FAVORITE product suites! YAYA!!!  

Grab a beverage (and maybe a snack too), sit back, get comfy, and hop along with us! 

Ok, I told you my project was a Fancy Folded, Gift Card Holding, Birthday Card.  It is a lot of fun and is sure to delight whomever receives it.  It's also an easel card that will stand up proudly on any mantle or desktop! 


I love the incredible colors included in this collection! It screams Summertime to me, and I am soaking it all up.


Making the card an easel fold means it can be set out on display to brighten any room!

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" Thick Basic White Card Base, and then scored at 2 3/4" & 5 1/2" on the LONG SIDE. This creates the easel. 

I used DSP from the Ice Cream Corner Collection for the entire project.  The Green Polkadot paper is cut at 4" x 2 1/2" and 4" x 5 1/4".  The smaller of the two gets adhered to the bottom 2 3/4" panel, and the larger piece gets adhered to the card background. 

On the card background, I layered a 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" piece of Terracotta Tile Cardstock.  Then on top of that, I layered a 3 1/2" x 9" piece of Basic White Cardstock that I had already scored in half at 4 1/2".  This creates a card within a card and gives us the front panel that holds the easel together. We'll also be adding the Gift Card Pocket to the inside of that flap (as shown in the following photo).


"Happy Birthday" was stamped in Bermuda Bay ink on the inside of the Basic White Card layer. On the front flap, I adhered a 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" layer of Ice Cream Corner DSP.  The Gift Card Pocket also measures 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" and I used a circle punch to create a notch in the top before I attached it to the card on three sides.  I tied a length of the beautiful Blackberry Bliss sheer ribbon (included in the collection) around the front flap and tied it into a simple knot on the front. 

I used the Layering Circles Dies to cut the circle and scalloped circle layers for the sentiment piece, from Basic White and Terracotta Tile Cardstocks. This piece is attached with dimensionals on the bottom portion only to allow it to be a buckle to hold the easel steady. 


To finish off the card, I stamped and fussy cut three popsicles and attached them to the front of the card. The sentiment piece completes the look!


I really enjoyed creating this card for you and I know you're gonna have a lot of fun creating it too! Give it a go! :-D 

Be sure to visit the blogs listed below to see all of the amazing projects we have in store for you.  You're sure to find tons of inspiration! The Ice Cream Corner Collection is still available while supplies last, but will be retiring soon.  So get yours while you can! See my full supply list at the end of my post. 



Join me for a fantastic project class featuring the Playful Pets Collection! We'll make a Gift Bag Tag, a Pop-up Gift Card Holder, a fun Treat Dispenser, a beautiful Greeting Card and a sweet Gift Box! Lots of creating and FUN to be had! PLUS, Prize Patrol!! Get the details by clicking the image here.  

But Hurry! Registration ends April 15th!!



If you would like to receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),click the catalog image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

5 comments: