Monday, April 5, 2021

Playful Pets Make-It Monday

Good morning friends! It's time for another Make-It Monday.  This week, I'm using the Playful Pets Bundle to create a sympathy card for my sweet friend who just lost her fur baby.  Those of you who follow me know that I'm a huge pet fan! My craft room buddies are a huge part of my world.  I can't imagine having to say goodbye to them. :'( 

I wanted to send a card to let my friend know I was thinking of her and sharing in her sorrow. I hope she likes it. 


This card puts a heavy emphasis on the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper.  It's gorgeous paper, actually! I love it and will be so sad to see it retire this summer!   

The entire Playful Pets Suite of Products has been my absolute FAVORITE!


For today's card, I started with a standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Basic Black Card Base (scored at 4 1/4" on the long side).  Then added a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of the dog words printed DSP for a background layer.  

The focal point of the card is that fabulous star/cluster in the middle.  It's so pretty!  To create it, you'll need TWO pieces of Real Red Cardstock cut at 2 5/8" x 2 5/8", and then EIGHT 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" squares of DSP.  I chose the white background with paw prints, but certainly you could use whichever you prefer!  The one with the bowls would be a great option as well! 


I stamped the image of the backside of the dog because the other one looked happy, and this is a sympathy card. It seemed a little inappropriate. Is that just me? lol. Anywhoooo, I'm glad that image is there! And it has a die shape to cut it out too! Thanks TONS Stampin' Up!! I stamped in Memento Black ink on Gray Granite Cardstock. 

The Pampered Pets bundle is actually a terrific one for all sorts of Pet Lovin' occasions.  It's got a healthy combo of cat and dog, so it's great for everyone!


Of course, I used the sentiment "Always in your heart.....so sorry for your loss".  I'm very thankful for this sentiment. Sadly, I've had to use it a few times in the last year. :'( Losing a fur baby is just an awful thing. They really are family. And the very best of friends. The Real Red background strip is 4 1/4" x 1" and the Basic White sentiment strip is 4 1/4" x 3/4". 

You'll want to watch this week's Make-It Monday video for assembly of the star/cluster. But you can get the basic gist by looking at the photo.  I overlapped the corner of each one around and lined them up with the edges of the red cardstock. 


The heart comes from the Dog Builder Punch, which sadly is retiring this year too. If you don't have it yet, but are a dog lover, you may want to grab it up right quick before it's gone. 

I didn't use the trinkets or the ribbon on this card, but wanted to share them here with you anyway because they are absolutely FABULOUS!!  

In my video, I mentioned the Playful Pets Project Class that I have coming up soon.  You can find details for it below, but it includes a package of the trinkets, the twin pack of ribbon/trim, and a 6"x12" pack of the DSP!!  It's a terrific class that I know you'll just love! We're gonna have a terrific time in the class. You should just us!


I hope you have a wonderful Monday.  If you have fur babies, snuggle them close today and give them lots of love and treats!

Join me for a fantastic project class featuring the Playful Pets product collection! We'll make FIVE absolutely amazing projects! Lots of creating and FUN to be had! PLUS, Prize Patrol!! Get the details by clicking the image here.  

But Hurry! Registration ends April 15th!!



If you would like to receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the catalog image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment