Monday, February 15, 2021

Sweet Strawberry Bookmark

Heya friends! How are you today?   One of the best things to do on a "BLAH" kind of day, is read a book. But I never get the ability to sit and read uninterrupted from start to finish. LOL! OH TO DREAM!  So I need bookmarks!  And, I happen to think bookmarks make terrific gifts too. hehe. 

With that being said, today is a bookmark kind of day! I thought I'd share a super cute and fun way to make a bookmark that uses one 6"x6" piece of Designer Series Paper, and a few scraps of cardstock. 

Origami (Paper Folding) has been around for centuries.  And, I remember making these bookmarks (and paper football notes, lol) in high school. Not that High School was centuries ago! LOL. That's not what I mean! I hated to dog ear my book pages, so this was a quick and easy alternative!  Generally, they were made from a sheet of notebook paper or a brown paper bag (remember those?!) and would have little I (HEART) whoever my latest boyfriend was. lol.  HA! Maybe I need to make like that now with Tinker Tom's name on it. He'd get a kick outta that! hehe. 

Ok, nostalgia aside! Let's get to it!

For my Sweet Strawberry Bookmark, I used a 6"x6" piece of Berry Delightful DSP. This is FREE with a qualifying Sale-a-Bration purchase through the end of February. It comes with an adorable Stamp Set called Berry Blessings too!  I chose to use the Sweet Strawberry Stamp & Punch Bundle for my bookmark though. I just love the Strawberry Builder punch! Both stamp sets & punch & DSP all coordinate really well together. 


Cute right?  

Alright, so first we need to start with a piece of 6"x6" Designer Series Paper.  You'll want the side that you want showing, to face down.  Fold one corner up to the other corner to create a triangle. Use your bone folder to get a nice crisp crease on each of the folds we make. 


Now Bring each of the Left & Right points to meet the top point. 


Open the folds you just made and bring up (top) middle piece to line up with the center point created from the last folds.  

Fold the Left & Right folds again, this time over the middle flap you just folded up.  Wrap each fold around and tuck the end inside the pocket.  Do this on both sides. 


You can see it better here. 


Once you've got both sides tucked in, give all of the folds a good crease with the bone folder. This will help secure the bookmark. 


All that's left to do is decorate your bookmark!  I used the Layering Circles and Stitched Shapes Dies with Basic White Cardstock and Poppy Parade Cardstock to create my embellishment layer.  Then stamped & punched the Sweet Strawberries using the coordinating punch, in Poppy Parade and Garden Green Inks. 


These are a lot of fun and super simple to make!  You could make one for each of your books!  How fun would it be to create each one to coordinate with the story in the book? EEEEEEEP!!! So cute!


You can follow along with my video here, if you like: 


I did a HEY CHICK theme in the video.  Very cute also! As you can see, you can use any theme you like! They're all adorable! 



It's not too late to earn the Berry Blessings Stamp & DSP Sale-a-Bration Bundle!
 If you would like to receive the Spring 2021 Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure, click the catalog image here to go to the request form!
I hope you liked today's Bookmark project!  Make a bunch! Have lots of fun!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment