Friday, February 12, 2021

Hey Chick, TGIF !

Happy Friday, friends! Have any fun Valentine's weekend plans? I believe Tinker Tom and I will make a nice dinner together here at home.  Simple and laid back is so nice! 

Well, have you been enjoying this week of HEY CHICK?  We're wrapping up  today and I hope you've fallen in love with Frankie and the girls! For me, it was love at first sight! :-) 

Today's project is another Celebration card using White Emboss Powder and the Heat Tool.  I told ya, I love that Chalkboard look! :-D 

This card has lots of texture going on, between the Tasteful Textile Background, to the ruffled Flowers For Everything Ribbon.

I started with a Soft Sea Foam card base (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Scored at 4 1/4"). And then embossed a 5 1/4" x 4" layer of Soft Sea Foam using the Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder. I LOOOOOVE this folder!  I stamped three hens in Daffodil Delight Ink on Basic White Cardstock, used a Blending Brush and a light touch to color the hens in the same Ink and die cut out. I used the Dark Pumpkin Pie Blends marker to mark over their feet, and the Dark Real Red Blends marker to color their waddles and combs. I also stamped just the balloon portion of the floating hen in Real Red, colored it with the Dark Real Red Blends marker, and die cut it out. 

On a 2" x 5 1/4" strip of Basic White cardstock, I applied Tear & Tape along one side. This is what I used to attach the Gingham ribbon.  I created the pleats as I went and then attached another strip of Tear & Tape over top to seal it down. I glued two of the three hens directly to the top and bottom portion of the Basic White Strip and cut off the excess.  Then attached the 3rd hen with Dimensionals in between the two others. I attached this whole panel to the card base with Tear & Tape all around to ensure it wouldn't lift off later. 

"Let's Celebrate You" is one image, so I just stamped & embossed it on a scrap of Basic Black cardstock and then trimmed the words apart by hand.  They're attached to the card front with Dimensionals.  

Tie a little bit of Linen Thread into a bow and attach to the base of the balloon with a Mini Glue Dot. 


I have a Pinterest Board dedicated to HEY CHICK if you'd like to check out more fantastic projects there! Click the image here to go directly to my board: 


If you would like to receive the current Spring 2021 Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure, click the catalog image here to go to the request form! You have a couple weeks left to take advantage of FREE SAB items!
Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment