Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Happy Birthday Chick!

Good morning friends! It's CASE-IT WEDNESDAY and I have a really cute one to share with you! This one uses an incredibly fun technique "sewing on paper".  I love it! 


The wonderful thing about sewing vellum to your card layers is that you don't have to worry about hiding adhesive lines. Yay! 

I started out with a Thick Basic White Card base (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4").  Then used the Tailored Tag Punch with the Brights 6"x 6" DSP pack to create the background on a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Basic White Cardstock.  From there I just sewed the 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Vellum directly to the front. 

 Ya know what would have been really cute here too?  Sticking some sequins in between the layers before I stitched them together! Wouldn't that have made a fabulous shaker card?!! 

Anywhoo, Stamped & die cut my little chicken dude ( I call him "Frankie") and colored him with Stampin' Blends markers.  Just a little bit of Multipurpose Liquid Glue attached him directly to the front of the card.  

Now, I embossed that little strip of Basic Black Cardstock with White Emboss Powder. I love the Chalkboard type look of it, don't you? The Strip is about 1 5/8" x 1/2" But I would stamp & emboss it on a longer scrap first and then trim it down so you don't burn yourself trying to heat the powder. 


I really enjoyed CASE-ing this card! You can find so many fabulous cards and other projects to CASE in any of the current brochures (or online).  Speaking of brochures.....

If you would like to receive the current Spring 2021 Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure, click the catalog image here to go to the request form! You have a couple weeks left to take advantage of FREE SAB items!
Thanks so much for stopping by today friends! I hope you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for a shaker card made from stitching vellum! I see that happening SOON!!! :-D 

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment