Monday, February 1, 2021

Friendly Flamingo Step Card Make-It Monday


Hello friends! How are ya?  Today I'm creating an uplifting "encouragement" card.  We can all use a bit of that now and then, can't we?   I'm using the FRIENDLY FLAMINGOS Stamp & Die Bundle for this project.  I thought it was super cute and I just love that little flamingo! Isn't it cute? 

This is a fun pop up card, called a "Step Card" or a "Step Up Card". It folds flat and will fit into a standard A2 size envelope, so it ships beautifully.  But the person receiving it will be so surprised and excited by how "fancy" it is! hehe. 

OK, HERE'S THE MEASUREMENTS: 

Base: So Saffron 4 1/4" x 8 3/8" (scored at 3/8", 1 3/8",    2 7/8", and 3 7/8" on the LONG side)
Step: Misty Moonlight 3" x  7/8" (scored at 3/8" and 1 3/8" on the LONG side)
Layer: Balmy Blue 2 3/4" x 3 1/4" 

I die cut the flamingo and both layers of his wing from Flirty Flamingo Cardstock.  I also cut the 3rd smallest Scalloped Circle from Flirty Flamingo as well. 

I used the 3rd smallest Circle die for the sentiment piece on Basic White Cardstock. 

I stamped the long grass piece and the cluster with Old Olive Ink and then colored the flowers with So Saffron and Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends. 

I also stamped that same grass image in So Saffron along the biggest section of the So Saffron Cardstock. This was to give a little "texture" to the card. 

The Flowers For Every Season Twine was a fantastic accent to complete the card. 


I really like how it turned out.  It's very sweet!  

Stay tuned for the coordinating Make-It Monday video to show how to assemble the card.  

I hope you enjoyed today's project! Be sure to "FOLLOW" my blog and "SUBSCRIBE" to my YouTube channel so you never miss a post. :-D 


If you would like to receive the upcoming Spring 2021 Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure, click the catalog image here to go to the request form!
Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment