Thursday, February 11, 2021

OSAT Blog Hop Where the Wild Things Grow

Good morning friends!! How are you today?  This morning we are joining the OSAT Blog Hop. YAY!  The theme is all about things that grow, so I've brought in the beautiful FREE Flower & Field Sale-A-Bration Designer Series Paper!! 

We're gonna keep right on course with our HEY CHICK week too though! YAYAYAYA! It just shows how versatile and fabulous the chicks are!

I really like this card design. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "fancy fold" per se, but it's pretty anyway! I just call it a split panel (or split front) card. 

The base is cut at 5 1/2" x 6" and scored at 4 1/4" on the long side, giving you a standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" base.  That leaves a 1 3/4" flap on the front.  

If you have a standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" half sheet of cardstock, you can cut it down to 6" and then cut 1" off the leftover piece to create the bottom strip. 

From there I added a layer of Basic Black Cardstock and then a layer of DSP stepping down at 1/8" increments for both.

The Sentiment panel is three layers stacked. Basic Black, BumbleBee, and Basic White. 


I stamped each of the images with Memento Black Ink on Basic White Cardstock and set them aside for a minute while I assembled the rest of the card.  Then came back to color the images with my Stampin' Blends. After they were colored, I used the coordinating dies to cut them. I LOVE coordinating dies! Don't you? hehe.

When attaching things to the front of this card, it's important to take note of where the big space is in the middle.  If you have any adhesive exposed over the middle, your front will "accidentally" get attached to the back of the card.  So pay close attention to where you put adhesive.  I added mini dimensionals to the top of the balloon and the bottom of the chicken to attach her to the card.  A bit of Stampin' Seal was run along the top and bottom edges of the Sentiment Panel to adhere it as well. 


I absolutely LOVE the colors in the Flower & Field DSP.  BumbleBee, Cherry Cobbler, Just Jade, and Pool Party....... Just a few of the beautiful colors put together!

I'll be sad to see the paper leave. :-( It's only available FREE with any $50 purchase through the month of February for Sale-A-Bration.


I love that the OSAT hop includes a card and a non card item for each blog.  You get a LOT of fabulous projects that way! 

This one is inspired by my lovely stampin' friend Jo Blackman.  She created a basket and shared it online. I fell in love with it and just had to try it out. So here is mine.   Thanks tons to my friend for sharing her beautiful creation!


I hope you liked today's chicks! Come back again tomorrow for another Hey Chick project!  

Click the Next Button below to head over to Ms Anna's blog and continue along the hop. Beautiful projects await!



If you would like to receive the current Spring 2021 Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure, click the catalog image here to go to the request form! You have a couple weeks left to take advantage of FREE SAB items!
Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment