Wednesday, February 26, 2020

CASE IT - Varied Vases Rustic Style!

Hey there! I CASE'd a card from the 2020 Annual Catalog today and I am LOVING the techniques I used! It's not often that I break out the Whisper White Craft ink, so I don't get to enjoy it much.  Which makes it all the more fantastic when I do use it. hehe.

Today's project comes from page 61 and uses the Varied Vases stamp set.  Now, I admit that I haven't really shown enough love to this stamp set. It's actually quite lovely and has some wonderful images and sentiments in it.  Maybe I need to do a whole series on it.  lol.


The Whisper White Piece is my "inside" before I attached it.  You know what I always say "No naked insides. No naked envelopes"!   So I figured I'd share a photo side by side before I attached it.

This card is full of stampin' technique! I love it!

What you'll need:
8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Crumb Cake Cardstock (scored in half at 4 1/4") for the card base
2 1/4" x 5 1/2" Crumb Cake Cardstock for the front panel
4 1/4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White Cardstock for the inside panel
1/2" strip of Coastal Cabana Cardstock for sentiment. (I ended up cutting mine down to 1 3/4" long)


First, I embossed the 2 1/4" strip of Crumb Cake cardstock using the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  And then tied some linen thread around that piece (into a bow), giving this card a really pretty country look.


Then, I stamped flower stems along the right side of the card front in Soft Suede. I used the White Craft Ink to stamp the flowers themselves (gotta LOVE two step stampin'!!!)


This is a fabulous look all by itself! If you've never done it, try it! So pretty!!! It creates a nice and soft image.

The craft ink takes just a few seconds or so to dry, so while it was doing its thing, I stamped the sentiment on the Coastal Cabana Cardstock.


It was a little challenging to figure out exactly which colors were used in the catalog, AND I somehow managed to stamp one extra flower stem, so I just came up with these:
Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Lovely Lipstick, and Real Red. 


This is one of the FUN techniques that I want to explore a bit more. :-) I've already stamped the flowers in Whisper White Craft Ink, but now I'm going over the tips of the flowers, using the brush tip of these markers. I LOVE IT!!!


It's beautiful! My head is spinning with all the possibilities! This is why I LOVE CASE'ing the catalog.  I feel like it encourages me to try new techniques that I may not already know about.

SO AWESOME!

After I got all the flowers colored, I attached the wood plank layer and the sentiment strip to the front of the card. WOWWIE WOW! I love it!!!


I used the same technique to stamp the two stems on the inside panel.  Except, I didn't use the Craft ink because the paper was already white. I just colored the tips after I stamped the stem in Soft Suede.

The card went together rather quickly considering "all the coloring", and I really enjoyed myself! Which is one of the most important elements of my creativity. lol.  We wanna have fun!

Well my friends, I hope you enjoyed today's CASE IT project! I hope you'll try it out for yourself!  That coloring technique is a fun one!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic



If you'd like to recreate today's project, here's the supplies I used. Just click an image to go to my website. :-) Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment