Friday, February 14, 2020

Sweets for your Sweet! Valentine Treat Box / Card Combo


Happy Valentine's Day!

I have a special treat for you today.  It's a chocolate box and Valentine card gift, all in one, and it's SERIOUSLY CUTE!


This adorable little treat box could easily be modified for any occasion or celebration, but it's just perfect for Valentine's Day!

To complete the project as I've created it,

You'll need:

Whisper White Cardstock
Real Red Cardstock
From My Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper
Heart Doilies
21 inches of 3/8" Real Red Cotton or Satin ribbon
White Polka Dotted Tulle Ribbon
Red Rhinestones
Snail
Snips
Dimensionals
9 Hershey Nuggets

Use the two Templates here to cut and score your box base out of Whisper White Cardstock



You'll also need a piece of Real Red Cardstock cut at 8 3/8" x 3 1/4" for the card itself, and score it at 4 3/16" on the long side.  This makes the card base that you'll attach to the top of your box.

Cut another piece of Whisper White Cardstock at 4 1/16" x 3 1/8".  This will be the inside layer of your card.

Then, cut a piece of that fabulous Designer Series Paper 4" x 3" for the front layer of your card.

Ok, let's put it all together now.  Assemble the box base as you do a standard box, gluing the tabs to the adjacent sides.

Wrap the Real Red Ribbon around the perimeter of the box base.  I tied mine in a standard square knot, but you could tie it into a bow if you like. You'll just need a couple more inches in length for that.

Attach a strip of Tear & Tape to one end of the 10 1/4" long piece of cardstock and wrap it over and around the box base, then seal. You want it to be snug-ish, but not so tight that it can't be slid off.

For the card itself, burnish the 4 3/16" line to have the card folded in half. Use snail to attach the layer of DSP to the front, and the White Cardstock piece to the inside.

I used the Heartfelt stamp set to decorate my card.  The " FROM MY HEART TO YOURS" stamp fits perfectly inside that foil rimmed heart that can be punched out of the DSP.

I love lots of layers, so I used dimensionals to pop up the doily before adding it to the card. Then I popped up the punched foil heart even more and added it on too!

To give the card some nice texture, I added a bow made from White Polka Dotted Tulle ribbon.  I also added a few little Red Rhinestones to the front!

So cute!


Inside the card, I stamped Happy Valentine's Day and a couple little cutesy hearts too.


I used Tear & Tape to also attach the card to the top of the box.  I wanted it to be stuck really well.  So once you've got your card made, go ahead and attach it to the box.

Now you're all done with a really great Valentine's Day gift!  I hope you enjoyed today's project and tutorial!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

The supplies I used today can be found here. If you are in need of any, please click the related image to be taken directly to my website where you can purchase. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment