Friday, February 21, 2020

Peaceful Poppies Die Cut Card

Happy Friday, friends! Today's project is from the Peaceful Poppies Collection in the 2020 Spring Mini Catalog.  I'm not sure that you would call it Paper Piecing, but we're definitely layering die cut pieces to make a beautiful card front!


One of the beautiful things about this card is all the fabulous layers! 

First, I die cut all the pieces I want to use. And, many of them were cut from that background layer of cardstock! I LOVE using my resources as wisely as I can. hehe.

Here's what that piece looks like before I attach it to my card base, but you'd never know by looking at the card would you?


By the time you sandwich another layer over the top of the die cut one, you can't see or feel that there are "holes" everywhere. lol.  It's a great way to stretch your papercrafting dollars.

I had a lot of fun arranging the die cut pieces to create the look I wanted. I used liquid glue to adhere the die cut layers together, and used dimensionals to pop up the flowers and the label.  While assembling the stems, I was able to get a "dimensional" look by only gluing the bottom of the stem to the card, and then pulling up a tiny bit on the leaf or flower bud. This helps em pop up a little, but not as much as an actual dimensional underneath.

Experiment with layers! Experiment with die cuts! Just experiment all together! It's only paper, and the worst that can happen is you don't like it and throw it away. No biggie. :-D

I hope you enjoyed today's project!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to order any of the supplies I used today, you can click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!


Product List

1 comment:

  1. I love this striking card AND the clever use of the cardstock!!

    ReplyDelete