Wednesday, December 11, 2019

CASE IT - Christmas Gleaming Card

Hello, hello my friends! I'm afraid I've caught the crud bug. :-( I woke up feeling like roadkill. BLEH! I hate being sick. I don't have time to be sick! lol.  Who does though, right?

Well, I did manage to get a CASE it project done for you today, at least. :-) I've been looking at this one for a while and hadn't got around to it.  It comes from page 4 of the 2019 Holiday Catalog.


I just love the color combination! It doesn't exactly SCREAM Christmas, but I love the tones!

Start out with a Pool Party Card base (4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2")

Then, using the Christmas Gleaming stamp set and Bermuda Bay ink, stamp the little splatter marks across the bottom 2" or so of the card. 

Attach a 3 1/2" strip of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle ribbon across the top of the splatter.

I made two of the same card to add to my outgoing Christmas Card stash, so if you're making one card, you only need to stamp one each of the images in this photo:


Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Calypso Coral are so interesting together, don't you think?

The punches in the Christmas Gleaming bundle make easy work of the card too!  But, I fussy cut the holly.  No worries! It's an easy one!

I used Real Red and Mossy Meadow Markers to color directly onto the stamp. I like to more bold outline colors.



Coloring the Stamped image with Light Granny Apple Green and Light Real Red really made the image pop!


Fussy cutting was super easy and quick too!

The sentiment strip is cut at 1 1/2" x 4 1/4" in Whisper White.  I used a Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker to color the words "be this season".  I stamped that directly onto the sentiment strip.  "JOLLY" was colored with the Calypso Coral Marker and then stamped onto a scrap piece of cardstock. I fussy cut that too, and then attached it in place with dimensionals.  That technique is a LOT of fun and really adds some drama to your statements on a project!


There are a lot of fun layers with this card and of course, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors!

I hope you'll CASE this one yourself! It's a lot of fun!


Until Next Time my friends,
Stay happy and healthy and as always
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you love this card and would like to recreate it, these are the supplies I used. If you need any of them, simply click the image and be taken directly to that item on my website. :-) Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment