Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Not JUST an Advent Calendar!!

Just last weekend I did a class featuring our very cute Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar.  Everyone had a great time and all their projects turned out so nice! The Calendar is just as sweet as it can be with it's little snowflakes and pine boughs!  And each of the little boxes are 2" square, which makes them a fabulous size for putting little treats and goodies in!


Stampin' Up shared a great little video showcasing everything that comes in the kit. Check it out here:



At the class, I showed the gals a fantastic way to use the calendar throughout the year.  This way the fun lasts all year long, and not just one month out of it! Woo Hooo for multipurpose!!

I decorated the front of my Calendar as shown above.  But on the backside, I brought the PARTY!!!

OOOOOOH YEAH!!!!

Happy Birthday Baby!!! Awesome right?  And you'd NEVER know there was Christmas on the backside!  I used a combination of  the Broadway Birthday Bundle and the Piece of Cake Bundle. And the Brights 6x6" Designer Series Paper really brought it home!!

I printed the numbers out on regular letter size paper and punched them using the 1" circle punch.  Feel free to use them if you like. :-) I like to do 2 sets "just in case".  hehe.


I came up with a list of other themes for the calendar, and gave a printout of it to my class attendees. Then my gals came up with a couple more.  So, if you're not into Christmas Advent, maybe you like one of these themes instead:

Birthday
Graduation
Wedding
Anniversary
Vacation
Retirement/Promotion
Countdown to Summer
Countdown to College/First Day of School
Easter
Mother's/Father's Day
Halloween
25 Days of Thanks
25 Days of Giving
25 Ways to Say I Love You
New Baby (Baby Shower)
Sports (Football, Baseball, basketball, etc)

What other themes can you think of? This is a pretty nice list I think!

I also shared a few cards that I made with the Calendar in mind. These first two are made with the coordinating Stamp Set: 


I used leftover bits from the advent kit to make this card. I love that it has a pocket for a tag!  This would make a FANTASTIC card to go along with the GIFTED advent calendar!


And then I also made a couple cards to coordinate with my Birthday themed alternative.  I used the half circles I cut from the box fronts to decorate the cards! I was actually impressed with this idea for using them up! hahaha! What can I say?  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes! ha!!!  I also used the piece of cake stamp set to carry on with the calendar theme.  



I hope that you maybe see the Christmas Countdown Calendar in a different light now!  There are SO MANY incredible possibilities for it! I would absolutely LOVE to see how you decorate your calendar!  If you don't have one, but want one, you can simply click the image Icon below to order yours! Trust me, you NEED a FEW of them!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today my friends! I hope you enjoyed today's projects.

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic
#ChristmasCountdown
#NotJustForChristmas

If you'd like to order the Countdown Calendar, there's still time to get it before Christmas!  You can get it and the supplies I used to create both sides of it simply by clicking the images below.  They'll take you directly to my website to order!

Product List

4 comments: