Thursday, November 7, 2019

3D Thursday and Case It Combo: Parcels & Petals Gift Box


Good morning friends! Yesterday I shared the ICS Blog hop with you, so today I'll combine our Case-It Wednesday and 3D Thursday together. :-D

I haven't used my Parcels and Petals set nearly as much as I should have by now, so it was more than time to get it out and play with it.  The box is just as CUTE as it can be, and the Ombre effect on the side was super easy to do!

First, you can take a 6"x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock to cut both pieces of the box (you'll need to use the die to cut twice).  I learned that by rotating the die, I could line it up perfectly with the previously cut piece eliminating waste.  As you can see from the photo, I had a good inch strip of cardstock leftover.



Pretty frugal, indeed!! :-) We love that!

I used Flirty Flamingo to stamp the flower, then colored the center with Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend, stamped the leaf in Granny Apple Green, and then stamped the floral border in Bermuda Bay.

Gosh! These colors are so pretty together aren't they?


The beautiful decorative topper to the tag is made from a die included in the Petals & Parcels die set.  It's actually got some very nice elements to it!

The ombre effect was made by coloring the bottom edge of the die cut box piece (pre-assembly) with Dark then Light Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends, and then Dark then Light Pool Party Stampin' Blends.

After the ombre was dry, I used the embossing buddy across the panel so I could heat emboss with White Powder.  It looks like so much more work than it actually was! It was a lot of fun! And, I really enjoy layering techniques to create a Gorgeous project!


There we have it!  I didn't have any silver thread on hand, so I traded it out for some linen thread.  And, please excuse the use of a retired yellow ribbon.  I had this on hand and didn't have the Pineapple Punch ribbon as shown.  OOPS!  But that's ok. I love the texture of this ribbon!  And these exchanges just go to show that you can still CASE a project by using products you already have on hand. :-)

Friends, Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope you enjoyed this project and if you don't already have the Parcels & Petals bundle, GET IT!!! :-D  If you DO already have it, get it out and play with it!  I used the Stamp set for yesterday's blog hop post as well.  Be sure to go back and check it out if you haven't already.  I used Coastal Cabana to make a Monochromatic Birthday Card with this stamp set.  But I could as easily have used Bermuda Bay and made them a gift set! :-) It's so cool like that!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to purchase the supplies to recreate this gorgeous box, you can click on the icons here to be taken directly to my website to order. :-) Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment