Wednesday, November 20, 2019

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Hello my friends! How are you today?  I hope this finds you having a fantastic Wednesday.  I have an absolutely ADORABLE little Holiday gift tag for you today.  It's cased from Page 12 of the 2019 Holiday Catalog and it's just as cute as it can be!


I absolutely LOVE the mini envelope that goes along with the tag.  The Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper is so incredibly versatile and the thin Gold lines in the plaid are gorgeous!

To make the envelope, you'll need a 6x6" piece of DSP. You'll score 1" from the left side and 1 3/4" from the right edge.  Then score 13/4" on each of the opposite two sides.


Then, you'll cut away the four corners as you see here.  I also mitered the top and bottom flap as you can see in the photo. It's ever so slight, but helps the envelope to look more "finished".

Next, I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock 2 1/4" x 7" and scored on the long side at 3 1/2". This is the Tag base.   The one in the catalog is done more like book style, with the fold to the left, but I like it to open this way. :-)


 Now that the card base is ready, you'll need to cut another piece of Cherry Cobble Cardstock and use the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut that layer. It should measure slightly smaller than 2 1/4" x 3 1/2".

I used the Pine Tree Punch and some more of that fabulous patterned paper to cut a layering element for my card.  I also heat embossed one of the tree designs in white on a piece of Shade Spruce Cardstock. Then punched it out with the Tree Punch.

The Whisper White Sentiment piece was 3/8" x 1 1/4" and the Glimmer Gold pictured below it is 1 1/2" x 1/4".

There are 2 - 1/2" circles cut out of cherry cobbler for the fasteners on the envelope.  I used the brads with those to make them look fantastic!


I always preach "NO NAKED INSIDES OR ENVELOPES", and this is no exception! I used the shaded spruce and stamped off the inside layer just slightly. I really like the way it looks!


This little gift card was super cute to make! I suppose it's time for me to start working on all of my holiday tags! Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow and then Christmas is just around the corner! ACK!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by today my friends! I hope you enjoyed today's project!

Have a fantastic day!

Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you'd like to recreate this adorable holiday tag, you can click on any of the icons below to be taken directly to my website where you can purchase supplies!  ENJOY!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment