Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Celebrating In Color


Good evening friends! Are you ready for some Paper Pumpkin goodness?!  It's time for the Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Blog Hop!!! YAYAYA!!!


This month's kit was really exciting because it was our first glance at the brand new 2022-2024 In-Colors.  And, I don't mind saying, they are SPECTACULAR!

We got two cards each of all FIVE colors. And the cards are GORGEOUS!  I'm in love!


Because I really enjoyed the kit projects (as instructed) so much, I wanted to share an "alternative" with you that will help you create more of the same style of card. Ya know, if you like it as much as I did! lol

The card you see pictured here is incredibly similar to the Parakeet Party card included in the kit.  But, I used Versamark and Gold Emboss Powder to stamp the word HAPPY (from the included stamp set) and then fussy cut around to make individual letters.  


I used this as my focal point instead of the included gold foil die cut HAPPY.  It's a little different, but the look is very much the same. :-) 


Here's what the kit's card looks like.  You can see the resemblance.  Neat huh? 


A quick side by side comparison shows all the little differences in the details.  


I cut a 3/8" strip of Basic White Cardstock to stamp "TO HAVE YOU IN MY LIFE" and dovetailed the ends, just like the kit did.  

Then, instead of having gold foil speckled Parakeet Party Ombre Strips, I took the negative that I popped the strips out of, and used it as a stencil to color Parakeet Party ink with a Blending Brush directly onto the card front.  


From there, I used the speckle stamp from the kit and Versamark ink to create the Gold Embossed splatters that resembled the kit. 


I really enjoyed how this card turned out, and now I can recreate as many of them as I like! Yay!


I hope you enjoyed my project as well! Be sure to hop all the way around to see all the other fantastic alternative projects we have in store for you! :-D


Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

7 comments:

  1. Great alternative. I actually think the word "happy" pops a little more the way you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Lots of great tips and tricks in this post. I am going to make some of my own striped backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous alternate! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC card! I can't wait to recreate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many uses for the negatives in this kit. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great idea for using the negatives!!

    ReplyDelete