Tuesday, May 10, 2022

ICS Blog Hop It's A Guy Thing


Well, Hello there crafty friends! How are you this fine Tuesday? I've got a terrific post for you this evening. The ICS Design Team have put together a fantastic collection of masculine cards for you! Awesome right? I dunno about you, but sometimes I struggle with creating cards for the fellas. But today, we've got a whole slew of them to share.

My project features the "He's The Man" product collection. I fell in love with this Suite at first sight. I love the colors, the VW Bus, camping and grilling things and everything else too. It's a really cool collection!


Can I just say that one of my ALL TIME favorite color combos is Early Espresso and Soft Succulent with Basic White?  LOVE IT!!!

One of the things I love most about this suite is that the DSP includes two 12x12 sheets of die cut ephemera! HELLO!!! I've not seen that in a pack of Stampin' Up Designer Series Paper before! WAY COOL!!! Where my scrapbookers at?! This one is a MUST HAVE for you!!  In fact, there WILL BE a class to go from me, using this collection, in the coming weeks! Stay tuned!!

Ok, here's what you'll need to create this card: 

* 4 1/4" x 11" Early Espresso Cardstock (Scored at 5 1/2") for card base
* (cut 2) 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Soft Succulent Cardstock for front and inside background layer (in the middle of one piece, I die cut the two banner strips and the rectangular background for the sentiment)
* 4" x 5 1/4" DSP for the front
* 4" x 5 1/4" Basic White Cardstock for inside
* 4" x 3/4" DSP for the inside
* Ephemera "torn paper" piece
* Scrap of Early Espresso and Basic White Cardstocks to stamp & die cut the sentiment piece and scalloped layer
* A length of the Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim
* Some Rustic Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots


I layered the DSP panel onto the Soft Succulent piece that I die cut the bits out of.  Then, I tied the ribbon around into a knot and attached that piece to the card front with Stampin' Seal.  I slid the Ephemera piece under the ribbon and attached it to the card front.  The two little banner pieces cut out at once and I attached them with Stampin' Seal also.  

The sentiment piece matches the DSP perfectly, so after I stamped it in Early Espresso Ink, I colored the bus in Soft Succulent Blends, the wheels in Basic Black Blends, and the windows/bumpers in Smoky Slate Blends.  Once I had it colored and cut with the Layering Circles Dies, I cut a coordinating Scalloped Layering Circle out of Early Espresso Cardstock and layered the two together with Stampin' Seal.  I attached the scalloped circle piece to the die cut rectangle piece with Stampin' Dimensionals, and then attached the whole thing to the card front with Dimensionals as well. 

A few of the Rustic Metallic Dots finished the card off nicely, I think! On the inside, I put the other Soft Succulent layer, then the layer of Basic White Cardstock, then the strip of DSP near the bottom.  This gives me the opportunity to write or stamp whatever I like inside the card and it still be dressed up a bit! I also used the same DSP to cover the flap of the envelope so that it was decorated too!

"NO NAKED INSIDES, AND NO NAKED ENVELOPES!!" hehe. 


I hope you enjoyed today's card!  Be sure to click the "NEXT" button to visit Ms Terri's Blog where you'll find another fabulous card!  Hop all the way around so you don't miss a single inspirational project!


There are never enough Masculine Card projects, in my opinion.  And I hope today's blog hop has given you a good collection of ideas and inspiration to create your own!

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

10 comments:

  1. What a cute guy card! Love the colors! Thanks for hopping with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design - great card for CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I can see I will be using this DSP for alot of guy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love this suite of products and you made a fabulous card to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! I might need to add this suite to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout on this card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally thought about this set for scrapbooking as well! Perfect for it! Great card!

    ReplyDelete