Thursday, May 5, 2022

Crafty Collaborations New Catalog Blog Hop


Good morning my crafty friends! I hope you're doing well this fabulous Thursday morning!  Today, the Crafty Collaborations Crew are doing a Blog Hop featuring ALL NEW products from the BRAND NEW 2022-2023 Annual Catalog!!! This is one of the most exciting times of year for a Stampin' Up Demonstrator! We get to see and play with all sorts of amazing new things!!!  YAYA!!!


I've been enjoying the products from the Tea Boutique Collection (pages 12-13). I love that the suite utilizes all five of the 2022-2024 In-Colors! They're bold and bright and BEAUTIFUL!


For my card, I decided to create my background by tearing strips of the Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper.   I started out with a 5 1/4" x 3" piece of the paper, and then tore that into little strips.  Then, I layered them onto a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Basic White Cardstock. 


I knew I'd want to spotlight the fun teacups in the Cup of Tea stamp set, so I thought the best way to do that would be to add some Layering Circles for a background.  It comes in handy knowing this ahead of assembly, because I was able to die cut the 2nd Largest Scalloped Circle from the 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Starry Sky Cardstock I intended to use for my base layer of my card front. I waste less paper this way! 

As you can see, I've attached the Starry Sky Cardstock layer to the card base first.  Then I've attached the Basic White layer with the strips of DSP attached. This forms my card front beautifully, and you'd never know that I had cut a circle out of the background layer! :-D


Next, I stamped a tea cup in Memento Ink and the greenery in Garden Green Ink onto Basic White Cardstock scraps.  I colored the cup with Sweet Sorbet Blends and the greenery with Parakeet Party. 


Once I die cut each of the two pieces out, I attached them together with a little line of Multipurpose Liquid Glue along the edge.  Then, I attached the whole piece to a Basic White Circle (cut with the 2nd largest Layering Circles Die) with Stampin' Dimensionals. 


I attached the whole Scalloped Circle piece to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals as well. Then, tied a length of Parakeet Party Baker's Twine into a bow and attached it  beside the circle with a Glue Dot. 

The card was finished off with a few of the tiny Parakeet Party 2022-2024 In-Color Matte Decorative Dots.  Those things are sooooooo pretty!! You get a wide variety of sizes and each color gives you an ombre of shades! Gorgeous!

You may notice that I have no sentiment on this card.  I don't have one inside either.  That's completely out of character for me, honestly.  However, I normally know where a card is going before I've shared it. This time, I don't have a specific purpose for this card, so I wanted to leave my options open.  I will, no doubt, use one of the fabulous sentiments from the Cup of Tea stamp set though. There are several to choose from and they're all beautiful! It's perfectly ok to leave your cards without a designation right off. :-) 


I hope you enjoyed my sweet Tea Boutique tribute!  Be sure to hop around to all of the other blogs to check out all the inspiration and NEW PRODUCTS they have in store for you!! :-) ENJOY!!

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

10 comments:

  1. I love your background!!! and your card. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that background idea and your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card idea with the torn strips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! This paper is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique design. The torn paper gives it such texture. I love it. I must admit, I always add a sentiment, but you are right, sometimes I should wait until I know where it’s going! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun technique!

    ReplyDelete