Monday, April 11, 2022

Happy Birthday Peach!

Good evening friends. It's time for another FABULOUS Make-It Monday!! I'm so happy to be here with you today.  Let's get started!


This card was created using a Sketch I found on Goggle. The sketch was pretty basic, but a lot of fun!


Here are the supplies you'll need to create this beautiful card:

* 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Balmy Blue Cardstock (scored at 4 1/4")
* 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" You're a Peach DSP (blue polkadots)
* 3 3/4" x 1 3/4" You're a Peach DSP (Green pattern)
* Largest Scalloped Circle die cut from You're a Peach DSP (Coral/White Polkadot)
* Dovetail Banner die cut with Tasteful Labels Dies from You're a Peach DSP (blue stripes)
* 2 1/4" x 5/8" Basic White Cardstock for sentiment strip
* 2 3/8" x 3 1/4" Basic White Cardstock for stamp/die cut peaches and branch


When I started working with the Sketch to make the card, I initially put down all the layers as indicated by the sketch. They were simply attached to the card base with Stampin' Seal.  It's cute, but very plain. So, I stamped Happy Birthday in Calypso Coral ink on the Basic White sentiment strip and attached it to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.  A length of Basic White Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon tied into a little bow and a few Genial Gems did the trick for embellishments. 


But I thought it still looked a bit basic.  So I stepped it up by stamp/die cutting the peaches in Pale Papaya Ink and the branch in Pear Pizzazz Ink.  The branch is attached directly to the card, but each of the peaches are attached with a dimensional.  WOW!! That changed everything! 

NOW my card is complete and I'm thrilled with it!


Do you like it?  I love using sketches to create cards! The layout is pretty much done for you. That makes it a lot easier to design a card.  Try it for yourself! If you'd like to play with this sketch and share it in The Stampin' Chic's Group on Facebook, I'd love to see your finished card! Join the group and find the Sunday Sketch #6 (4-10-22) album to share it in!

Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!



Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment