Friday, April 8, 2022

Beyond the Horizon March Paper Pumpkin Blog Hop


Good morning my crafty friends! TGIF!! Are you ready for some awesome Paper Pumpkin alternative projects? The Crafty Collaborations Crew has a slew of them for you today!


The March "Beyond the Horizon" Paper Pumpkin kit features a beautiful watercolor scenery design that coordinates with the NEW HORIZONS Suite Collection in the 2022 Spring Mini Catalog.  I LOVE IT when they do that! I feel like I have tons more options of coordination that way. 


March is Paper Pumpkin's Birthday month, and this year they celebrated by giving subscribers a FREE stamp set! YAY!! That means each March Kit had not one exclusive stamp set, but TWO! WOWZA! 


I used this stamp set, along with a few elements from the kit, to create my Alternative Project. 


This is called a Bay Window Card.  Isn't it neat?! I am a big sucker for Fancy Fold cards, and this one is REALLY fun! 

Here's what you'll need to create this card:

* 11″ x 4 1/4" Misty Moonlight Cardstock (scored at 3/8″, 1 7/8″, 3 5/8″, 5 1/8″ and 5 1/2″) for the card base
(3) 1/4″ x 4-1/8″ Over The Horizon 6x6" DSP for front and inside strips
(2) 1-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ Over The Horizon 6x6" DSP for outer front panels
(2) 1-5/8″ x 4-1/8″ Over The Horizon 6x6" DSP for center front and inside edge panels
3″ x 4-1/8″ Basic White cardstock for inside sentiment/note section
* scraps of Crumb Cake Cardstock to die cut fence panels, and wood plank from bundle
* label and layer pieces from the Beyond The Horizon Kit
* Ribbon and ink from the kit


It's pretty easy to figure out where the DSP pieces go on the card base. They line up nicely.  I stamped the wood plank from the bundle, onto Crumb Cake Cardstock with Soft Suede ink. Then, I took a Blending Brush and a little of the same ink and LIGHTLY brushed some color over the stamped image. This softens the look a bit.  I did the same thing with the die cut fence panels.  It not only softens the piece, but it gives depth and character too! 

The sentiment and the little flowers were stamped in Misty Moonlight ink from the kit, and I tied a length of ribbon from the kit as well. 

You may not have noticed in the first photo, but I put the right side fence panel on dimensionals so that the front edge of the card could slide behind and hold it open. Pretty smart, right? 

I like the way the card looks like a backyard Tennessee mountain scene when propped open. I think my friend will really enjoy this card for her Birthday, too.


I hope you enjoyed my Fancy Fold Alternative project as well! Be sure to follow the hop around to get even more fun and fabulous inspiration for the March 2022 Beyond the Horizon Paper Pumpkin kit!

Misty Moonlight is one of the 2020-2022 In-Colors. Sadly, that means it's about to retire. :'( You can find products in this beautiful color (along with tons of other "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" products on the Last Chance page of my website.  Click the image here to go directly to that page and get terrific deals UP TO 50% OFF!!


Have you seen the new GORGEOUS 2022-2024 In-Colors?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Matte Dots FOR FREE!!  To sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the upcoming 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (Idea Book),
click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

3 comments: