Monday, January 17, 2022

Zero Waste Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop


We all like to do what we can to protect our planet and reduce our carbon footprint.  Today, the Crafty Collaborations Crew are sharing some fun and interesting projects with you that focus on the Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle mindset. Come along and see what we're up to!


One of my favorite ways to save paper is to punch and die cut from background layers before I add them to a card.  Once you've covered them up with a forward layer, no one is the wiser! It's a fantastic way to REDUCE the amount of paper we use! 


As you can see from the photo above (and then from the photo below) I can use a background layer to die cut and punch several things before I layer it onto a card.  I like to have some of these pieces at the ready for when I'm creating. Instead of breaking out a whole sheet of cardstock for one little heart, I can just reach for my little tub of pieces and pull one out.  You can imagine by looking at these photos, how much paper I can save over the course of a year!  It's wild, huh?!

This was all cut from a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Real Red Cardstock. 


Of course, a fantastic benefit of doing this is that your embellishments will definitely match your card! No worries about using the wrong shade of red because it's cut from the same piece of paper. 

As you can see here, once I add the 4" x 5 1/4" Blushing Bride layer on, It completely covers all the die cut and punched spaces.  

Before I attached the 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" Basic White layer, I added a 3/4" x 5 1/8" strip of Designer Series Paper, and then tied approx 13" of the Real Red Faux Linen Ribbon around into a knot. 


I'll save a few of the cut out bits for another project, but I am going to use most of the little hearts and the big heart I punched from the Heart Punch Bundle. I attached the little hearts with a touch of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then, I added the large hearts with Stampin' Dimensionals between the layers.  

Remember, two layers of dimension on a card is about the most you wanna add if you're going to be mailing a card. At least without adding extra postage. ;-) 


I hope you've enjoyed today's sweet Valentine card.  I'll be sharing a few more in the coming weeks, so that you have plenty of ideas for making your own Valentines!  

Scroll down the page to find my supply list.  You've got time to get them ordered and received, created, and sent before Valentine's Day! :-D 

Join Me & Wendy Lee as we go "OVER THE RAINBOW" in our next Blue Ridge Stampin' Escape! 12 Gorgeous exclusive projects, PLUS amazing Stampin' Up product, AND tons of fun and prizes! Click the image to get all the details and to register for the event! 



Do you just LOVE the new In-Colors and want to have them all?  Join my In-Color Club and get a fantastic selection of products featuring the new In-Colors, at a price that doesn't make your pocketbook scream! Now you CAN get all the things!! PLUS, get a set of the new In-Color Jewels FOR FREE!!  To get all the details and to sign up, click the image below. :-) 


To receive the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (Idea Book), click the image here to go to the request form!


Until Next Time,
Happy Crafting!
#TheStampinChic

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used on today's project, simply click an image below to be taken directly to my website. Enjoy!

Product List

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love doing this because nobody is any the wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card, and a super frugal way with your card. I really must try to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute card, great way to reduce waste of cardstock, I should do this more often, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I always do this as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that I am not the only cheap one around! I do it with scrapbooks also! Pretty card and great tips!

    ReplyDelete